FASA Start Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FASA Start Trek

Does anyone else remember this game or have a copy? I'm probably the only one who liked it - character gen was a breeze and there were rarely debates over what die to use on what weapon (read 'rarely' as never).
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Does anyone else remember this game or have a copy? I'm probably the only one who liked it - character gen was a breeze and there were rarely debates over what die to use on what weapon (read 'rarely' as never).
    Start Trek? Is that like Star Trek?

But yeah, I remember seeing it, but never actually got around to playing it.

I've been playing a more narrative-based Star Trek RP using the Fate system.
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

I tried playing it. Once. Unfortunately, the other players ignored the game master's instructions to use weak characters so I could get the hang of the game (he had invited me). Instead they insisted on using their most powerful characters, ships ... and would annihilate my low level character. I got the distinct impression they didn't want any new players joining them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I tried playing it. Once. Unfortunately, the other players ignored the game master's instructions to use weak characters so I could get the hang of the game (he had invited me). Instead they insisted on using their most powerful characters, ships ... and would annihilate my low level character. I got the distinct impression they didn't want any new players joining them.
        Why not make your character be a Star Trek version of Batman? Then he'd win against all odds. Well, maybe not in the first encounter... and I don't really know how these games work.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Why not make your character be a Star Trek version of Batman? Then he'd win against all odds. Well, maybe not in the first encounter... and I don't really know how these games work.
          You could always try learning a game; this board is VERY friendly towards newbies.

The only thing is that Play-by-Post games are a hassle at times, at least for me, versus running game freeform.
          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
          -Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          I support the :
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irate Canadian View Post
            You could always try learning a game; this board is VERY friendly towards newbies.

The only thing is that Play-by-Post games are a hassle at times, at least for me, versus running game freeform.
            An owner appears and breathes moderation on you. Roll a D20 to save.

Comment

These yung-uns have no patience.
              Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
              1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
              -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                I don't disagree, but each way of doing things has it's ups and downs. PbP is good for times when you can't commit to playing at regular intervals, but if you got a dedicated group that wants to play via chat and/or virtual table-top I say, "Go for it."
                Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  An owner appears and breathes moderation on you. Roll a D20 to save.
                  Rolled a 11.

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                  True that.

I wouldn't mind running a Shadowrun game here, but the rule system is way, way too morally ambiguous for running a game here, but a FATE based game, or a AdEva game might be an option to run here. I've gotten a lot more experience with running games over the time I was absent from TWeb.
                  -Unknown

I support the :
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Um, I think you have Star Fleet Battles in mind
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Rolled a 11.

True that.

I wouldn't mind running a Shadowrun game here, but the rule system is way, way too morally ambiguous for running a game here, but a FATE based game, or a AdEva game might be an option to run here. I've gotten a lot more experience with running games over the time I was absent from TWeb.
                      Any chance of you finishing the one you started?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                        I don't disagree, but each way of doing things has it's ups and downs. PbP is good for times when you can't commit to playing at regular intervals, but if you got a dedicated group that wants to play via chat and/or virtual table-top I say, "Go for it."
                        I know that CV, I was just picking on IC because I can.
                        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          Any chance of you finishing the one you started?
                          Kinda lost interest and my story plans after so long. If I can find a good system to run with, I might get another game up and running, but no promises.
                          -Unknown

I support the :
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay, fair enough.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Rolled a 11.
                              Owner rolls a 15. I am afraid you will be banned and lose 20 hit points.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X