• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirty-Six

Thank you everyone!

The link can be found here.

-----

What's going on today? Let's plunge into the Deeper Waters and find out.

I thought today I could continue book reviews, for while I have been reviewing McCormick's book and I'm finally done with it, I was reading other books in the meanwhile, one of which I posted a review of Friday. That could be done, but we have a lot to do today and I want to have just a fun post today. Why? Today is the day I celebrate thirty-six years of living on this planet.

So let's start right there. Celebrate. Why? Because life is a gift and a gift is to be celebrated. I can work to sustain my life, but I can do nothing to give myself life. That life comes from God alone. We each can view our lives as gifts from God or curses, I choose to live mine as a gift.

I was telling my wife Allie yesterday that while I am physically mature and am of age, there is still a part of me that is a boy and that part will never die. There is a part that says life is an adventure to be lived. This world can be like a big playground and I should wake up every day waiting to see what adventures the day has for me.

It really is an adventure also. Every day we get up, we have a chance to do something good for the world. In my own field of apologetics, I think of what Peter Kreeft once said. Apologetics is the closest someone comes to saving the world. I really like that quote. This is the battle of good and evil after all. I often compare it to the Matrix. Those we argue against are not really the enemy, but are unknowingly being used by the enemy. The ones we argue most often against are ironically the ones we're fighting for.

Of course, something that makes today special is having Allie by my side. I have in my own bride a gift no one else could have ever given me. Just like in the Christian walk, in marriage, you are the gift you give to your spouse and they are the gift they give to you. In Christianity, the gift Christ gives you is Himself and you give yourself to Him.

It's hard to believe there's been 36 years. I still have so much more of a difference I want to make in this world and so much I want to do. Yet today I think there will be a lot of time spent with fun things. The Mrs. has already made me blueberry muffins for breakfast and this afternoon, she'll be making me peanut butter cookies. My in-laws meanwhile are going to take me out to a pizzeria here in Atlanta. I'm definitely also looking forward to getting the mail today to seeing what all is in it. That will probably extend for a few days. Sometimes mail is late getting here after all.

Thank you to everyone who has sent birthday wishes so far! Thank you for your friendship and liking the material put out here at Deeper Waters! I owe you all so much!

In Christ,
    Nick Peters

"What God wants is the heart of a child and the mind of a man."
    C.S.Lewis.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      "What God wants is the heart of a child and the mind of a man."
      C.S.Lewis.
      . . . Brethren, be not children in understanding: howbeit in malice be ye children, but in understanding be men. . . . -- 1 Corinthians 14;20.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

happy birthday, ye whipper snapper! now git off my lawn!

Comment

Thirty-six? Hrumpf.

When I was thirty-six we notified folks to come to the party on our pagers and recorded it all to play back on our VCRs.

Happy birthday you young whippersnappersmiley old.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Thirty-six? Hrumpf.

When I was thirty-six we notified folks to come to the party on our pagers and recorded it all to play back on our VCRs.

Happy birthday you young whippersnapper[ATTACH=CONFIG]18647[/ATTACH]
            When mossy was 36, God said, "in a few million years I think I will create the Earth"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Thirty-six? Hrumpf.

Happy birthday you young whippersnapper[ATTACH=CONFIG]18647[/ATTACH]
              Have you managed to find a Beta machine to play the tape?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I still have a DVD/VCR player. Never had Betamax.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  When mossy was 36,
                  That has to be the funniest thing I've seen all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                    That has to be the funniest thing I've seen all day.
                    I left off a few (dozen) zeros.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I left off a few (dozen) zeros.
                      Still would be the funniest thing I've seen all day.

Comment

God also would have said "I'm going to create a place called Canada as well, which will be a God-forsaken nightmare, but at least you can club seals all you want there."

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          The Navy used Beta machines into the 90's for shipboard movies.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment