Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

12 Year Old Boy Arrested for Arson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Year Old Boy Arrested for Arson

http://www.desertdispatch.com/news/2...ion-in-damages

While this is too early for all the facts to have come out, I thought I would put it here for comments about the boy's intent and culpability. I often hear that children can't be held responsible for their actions, but when should we start dealing with them as knowing better? There are already angry comments about the parents of the boy having failed to teach him better. How valid would that criticism be, given children's known aptitude for doing things "just because"?

I do believe he should be made to account for his actions, but to what extend considering his status as a child?

And no, no one sustained more than some smoke inhalation apparently, and the store is still standing.
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

It is an interesting issue.
    Children certainly can know exactly what they are doing. Perhaps the most terrifying examples of this comes from child psycopaths.
    sigpic

Comment

I would hope he is not a psycho path. We'll see.

Comment

Fire setting is a big thing to look out for. I believe that the mcdonalds triangle is
        Setring fires
        Animal cruelty
        Bed wetting.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
          Fire setting is a big thing to look out for. I believe that the mcdonalds triangle is
          Setring fires
          Animal cruelty
          Bed wetting.
          Bed wetting??? When I read that I thought maybe you were joking until I went and checked it out. I gotta say (and this isn't directed at you, but rather at the researcher who came up with the theory), I fail to see how enuresis and psychopathy go hand in hand. It seems pseudo-scientific if not cruel. It's bad enough for a kid to struggle with an issue like that without everyone suspecting they are going to start torturing kittens.

Comment

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Comment

It deals with restlessness. The macdonalds triangle is pretty reliable.
              Granted that does throw people off. Including myself.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

The point is not that bed wetting is a predictor of anything. It is rather that when these three are found together in one person it may well give a much better than average likelihood of psychopathology. It is an indicator not a cause. I do not know how strong an indicator it actually is. The triad is mostly learned after the fact I think, not in childhood.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Wow jed you put what I wanted to say in better words than I could.
                  sigpic

Comment

I try, or is it that I am trying?
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I would not know.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Either is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          yes

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Pampers - Predictors of Psychopathy since the 1960s.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              yes
                              I had actually typed that, but before I hit 'amen' --- I mean POST --- I scanned the other posts to see if .....

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment