Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sissification of America's Males Contiunes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sissification of America's Males Contiunes....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hunks-fas...025107757.html

New York (AFP) - Muscular, classically chiseled male models are a dying breed as men are ever more chosen for thinness, even androgyny, in a fashion world playing with the notion of gender.

It only takes looking back a decade to male fashion shows -- at Versace, Givenchy, Louis Vuitton or Gucci -- to see the change on the catwalk.

Shoulders have lost their squareness, chests have sunk.

Back then, "male models were a little bit bigger... not so, so skinny," said Tricia Romani, head of the Canadian branch of the Wilhelmina international modeling agency.

Hedi Slimane, while at Saint Laurent and Dior, was among the designers who transfigured the dominant vision of the masculine look into lank, languorous and unique.

"For high fashion, that's definitely what they want. Very thin, edgy-looking guys," Romani said.

"And they're designing the clothes in that way so if you had a model that was big and muscular, that wouldn't fit."

Skinnier, the new ideal male model is also taller, hitting up to six feet two inches (1.90 meters), said Neil Mautone, founder and owner of the agency Red Model Management.

My 12 year old grandson can beat up your fashion consultant.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Is this a guy wearing a bra? or a really skinny ugly girl?

c0dd28533bfe8ea95d9b0184c8b1225b6f3e23de.jpg

And this guy, well just ugh. He would get beat up before getting three steps down the street.

8a4736f427e54cd08908d9ea831d0802.jpg

Comment

Thank goodness we still have these guys...

SilentDrill2.jpg
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

It's a guy, but I'm pretty sure a lot of that stuff isn't intended to be worn in the real world. I believe a lot of it is simply "art", and intended, at best, to influence future design, not necessarily be the design you see at your local JC Penny next month.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Thank goodness we still have these guys...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18741[/ATTACH]
          As a former Navy/Air Force guy, I have to admit that the Marine Dress Blues are some of the sharpest threads ever worn by man. (and women)
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm skinny and lanky, through no desire of my own, and I rather wish I wasn't--but I also recognize that as a "grass is greener" type of thing. A lot of people would be envious of my metabolism and my thinness.*

*They wouldn't be envious of the other reason for my thinness, though...I try to convince people of that, when they talk about how lucky I am for being skinny. Well, kind of, but that's not the whole story.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I may be a thin guy who at times can eat scoiby doo levels of food but man those clothes are not right.
              Now have I gotten stronger over the years? Yes. Do I think I will have a Stalone esque body? No.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                I may be a thin guy who at times can eat scoiby doo levels of food but man those clothes are not right.
                Now have I gotten stronger over the years? Yes. Do I think I will have a Stalone esque body? No.
                It's a tradeoff. A really overweight guy could start going to the gym, look at some lean guys, and think, "Gosh, I sure wish I looked like that." But he could lift for a while, and pretty soon the lean guys could be looking at him and thinking, "Wow, I wish I could lift as much as that guy. He's a beast." As skinny as I am, I'll never be the guy that's benching 300+ pounds, or whatever. Not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  It's a tradeoff. A really overweight guy could start going to the gym, look at some lean guys, and think, "Gosh, I sure wish I looked like that." But he could lift for a while, and pretty soon the lean guys could be looking at him and thinking, "Wow, I wish I could lift as much as that guy. He's a beast." As skinny as I am, I'll never be the guy that's benching 300+ pounds, or whatever. Not gonna happen.
                  Give it a try. Do your workouts focused on bulk. I have wondered how I would have done, in gaining weight, in my younger days if I had done that. I was way too thin up through my late 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                    Give it a try. Do your workouts focused on bulk. I have wondered how I would have done, in gaining weight, in my younger days if I had done that. I was way too thin up through my late 20s.
                    Well, that gets into my "other reason" for being skinny--I don't just have a very fast, very efficient metabolism (although I do have that). I actually have a really unusual chronic problem that makes any weight gain of that sort functionally impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      Well, that gets into my "other reason" for being skinny--I don't just have a very fast, very efficient metabolism (although I do have that). I actually have a really unusual chronic problem that makes any weight gain of that sort functionally impossible.
                      I have the opposite problem. I gain weight just looking at food. I am on a 1200 calorie per day diet and still can't lose weight. Of course I am 55 years old so that makes it harder too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        I have the opposite problem. I gain weight just looking at food. I am on a 1200 calorie per day diet and still can't lose weight. Of course I am 55 years old so that makes it harder too.
                        It might sound nice to be unable to gain weight, but you really don't want what comes with it. Just trust me on that one.

We should all be content with our own lots--me for being skinny and unable to bulk up, and you for...you know, not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          As a former Navy/Air Force guy, I have to admit that the Marine Dress Blues are some of the sharpest threads ever worn by man. (and women)
                          Yes and relatively unchanged for years, very old school! From 1940:

uniform_blues2.jpg
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                            Yes and relatively unchanged for years, very old school! From 1940:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18748[/ATTACH]
                            I only wore a US Air Force uniform for a brief time, and I always felt like I was dressed like a bus driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko
                              When I was in liver failure, I lost nearly 100 pounds, from 230 down to 135. Because of digestion problems and malnutrition. So I know what you are going through. My problem is now that I have a new liver, my old problem of not being able to lose weight is back. I am up to 185 right now and can't seem to lose any. My new liver is working too good. I would like to weigh around 160 to 170, so I am not TOO overweight. If I can lose about 15 pounds I will be satisfied.
                              Reading posts like these makes me wonder what's up with my own weight. I'm 6'3" and a half or so, and I look skinny. Really skinny. But I weigh 185 (this number is essentially a universal constant--it is almost as unchanging as pi). Which doesn't seem that skinny. So is it just my height, or am I less skinny than I look, or what?

Comment