Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Rules of Debate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like the American voter is fairly certain that the moderator will try to help Hillary during the debate according to a new poll released by Rasmussen:

Source: Voters See Debate Moderators Giving Clinton A Helping Hand

Voters are pretty convinced the moderators at the presidential debates scheduled to begin tonight will be helping Hillary Clinton more than Donald Trump.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that a plurality (46%) of Likely U.S. Voters believes most moderators will try to help Clinton in the upcoming debates. Only six percent (6%) think they will try to help Trump instead. Just 32% say most of the moderators will try to be unbiased, while 15% are undecided.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Considering the history of such things it is no surprise that they feel that way. We'll know after tonight if they're right.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

What time does the battle begin? Will be fun to watch
      We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
      - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
      In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
      Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bisto View Post
        What time does the battle begin? Will be fun to watch
        9PM Eastern US time.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
          So easily triggerable

Yes, I already know about that Snopes article. But we're talking about upcoming debate.

Thanks for playing!!
          Hi TheologicaDisc!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
            One things can be certain. America will be embarrassed all around.
            I don't think so. Trump looked very good coming out of the Commander in Chief forum.

Hillary, not so much.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I don't think so. Trump looked very good coming out of the Commander in Chief forum.

Hillary, not so much.
              Well, he's already won this thing, so it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Well, he's already won this thing, so it doesn't really matter.
                How do you figure? You don't think there's plenty of opportunity for him to blow it?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  How do you figure? You don't think there's plenty of opportunity for him to blow it?
                  Sure, but I doubt he will.

Trump is peaking at the right time, while Clinton is fading at the worst time. She had this thing in hand but with all of the mistakes she's all but lost it. She needed a big lead going into these debates, and that's fallen apart. Now she has to win it all on rhetoric - which she sucks at doing. In the debates she won't be able to talk about Trumps issues, without also bringing attention to her own, which will reflect poorly on her and hurt her numbers. In the end though people are voting for the party, not the person - just as they did in 08'.

Trump could also make a fool out of himself and act like a schoolyard bully though.

Comment

Trump is peaking at the right time, while Clinton is fading at the worst time. She had this thing in hand but with all of the mistakes she's all but lost it. She needed a big lead going into these debates, and that's fallen apart. Now she has to win it all on rhetoric - which she sucks at doing. In the debates she won't be able to talk about Trumps issues, without also bringing attention to her own, which will reflect poorly on her and hurt her numbers. In the end though people are voting for the party, not the person - just as they did in 08'.

Trump could also make a fool out of himself and act like a schoolyard bully though.
                    This. Think it's summarises the score pretty well at the moment.

Comment

I don't think he will. He has a good team of advisors in his corner, and he has said that he will treat Hillary with respect.

Comment

Interesting.

What's more important, perhaps, is that even if he 'behaves himself', he could still be perceived as a schoolyard bully. He really needs to be respectful while still appearing to be in command.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          What's more important, perhaps, is that even if he 'behaves himself', he could still be perceived as a schoolyard bully. He really needs to be respectful while still appearing to be in command.
                          But this brings up an interesting point: would anybody be worried about him looking like a bully if his opponent was male?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                            But this brings up an interesting point: would anybody be worried about him looking like a bully if his opponent was male?
                            That's a whole 'nuther factor, to be sure. Kinda like anything you criticize Obama for is cause he's black.

Comment

You can watch the debate via live streaming here:

Comment

More enlightening.

Comment