Why I dislike political correctness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I dislike political correctness

To me it is used as a gag. The idea is that if you talk about something they do not like you are put as a thoughtcriminal.

This criples meaningful dialouge. Moreso it criples how we as humans develop. Our worldviews are full of conflicting ideas. If you censor ideas because you dont like them one no one can actually debunk or prove the issue.

It also keeps us from getting to the point. No one wants to step on the efgshells. My question is why do we let the eggshells remain?

These are my thoughts.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    To me it is used as a gag. The idea is that if you talk about something they do not like you are put as a thoughtcriminal.

This criples meaningful dialouge. Moreso it criples how we as humans develop. Our worldviews are full of conflicting ideas. If you censor ideas because you dont like them one no one can actually debunk or prove the issue.

It also keeps us from getting to the point. No one wants to step on the efgshells. My question is why do we let the eggshells remain?

These are my thoughts.
    Agreed. I consider myself a moderate, if not a liberal in the political spectrum, but one of my biggest problems with the left is the tendency to lean to the PC side.

We can only grow with dialogue; if we stifle it, then we aren't really learning anything.
    "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

I am more conservative. I agree. I am currently taking speech and yes communication is vital.
      sigpic

Comment

It makes me sad to see the left becoming so politically correct. I do not agree at all with a lot of their ideas, but polarization like what we have is just horrible.
        sigpic

Comment