Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer for healing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer for healing.

Hi guys, I haven't been around much. Some of you might know that a couple of weeks ago I became sick, recovered, but developed a terrible cough. I have terrible coughing fits all the time, and I have to breathe very shallowly to avoid setting off another. There's a lot of phlegm, and recently small amounts of blood has started appearing in it.

Its been going on for quite a while, and I'm hoping to soon be well, at which point I have an appointment at the hospital for a full lung check to see what this could be.

Please keep me in your prayers.

That is not sounding good.
    ing for you.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

ing Leon
      3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Go to a doctor bro. My granddad felt the same way when he got pnemonia.
        Praying for ya.
        sigpic

Comment

Last year my mom had something that gave her a cough for months. Not sure about coughing up blood though. I'm pretty sure they gave her a steroid medication, and it helped a lot.

Comment

That happened to me when I got bronchitis when I was 12. It sucks but if it's that it's manageable at least.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
            "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yes, you need a doctor, maybe an antibiotic and some prescription cough medicine. Get they to an MD!

Feel better soon. :prayer:
                I am become death...

Comment

So my mom came to visit today, to pamper me a little and help me clean up my apartment (two weeks of being tied to the bed can leave the kitchen a bit messy ). When she got in and heard my coughing fits she asked me about my last doctor appointment. She was very surprised to hear that after almost a week I hadn't heard the results of the throat scraping done, or that they hadn't done a blood sample. She called my physician herself and set up a meeting today.

So went there quickly to get a second opinion. It turns out they had been sitting on the results for four days, but because of some busy times they hadn't sent me a mail with the results. The throat scrape was positive. I have a Mycoplasma infection in my lunges; It's pneumonia. I was prescribed some powerful antibiotics and after that we cleaned the apartment together.

A shout out to all awesome moms out there.

Anyway according to the doctor, most of the pneumonia should be gone in a few days, but I could be coughing for weeks (though the coughing should go down significantly).

Thanks for the prayers everyone.

Comment

SO glad your Mom worked her Mom-magic and got you taken care of!

Praying for complete and speedy healing, kiddo.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

They will put you on some heavy meds take them. You will also be hocking up mucus for days.
                      sigpic

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                          So my mom came to visit today, to pamper me a little and help me clean up my apartment (two weeks of being tied to the bed can leave the kitchen a bit messy ). When she got in and heard my coughing fits she asked me about my last doctor appointment. She was very surprised to hear that after almost a week I hadn't heard the results of the throat scraping done, or that they hadn't done a blood sample. She called my physician herself and set up a meeting today.

So went there quickly to get a second opinion. It turns out they had been sitting on the results for four days, but because of some busy times they hadn't sent me a mail with the results. The throat scrape was positive. I have a Mycoplasma infection in my lunges; It's pneumonia. I was prescribed some powerful antibiotics and after that we cleaned the apartment together.

A shout out to all awesome moms out there.

Anyway according to the doctor, most of the pneumonia should be gone in a few days, but I could be coughing for weeks (though the coughing should go down significantly).

Thanks for the prayers everyone.
                          Glad to hear it!

Take away lesson: don't get mom mad.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment