Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
    I see. Well it was just an idea.
    I'd love to figure out where it came from, I just don't know how to go about it.

Here's a stupid story: I was clipping my fingernails once, and the full clipping from one of them flew at my eye. My eye watered for a couple minutes, hurt a little bit, and then got better. I figured I got the nail out...then like six hours later my eye got irritated by something, and I pulled out a full fingernail clipping that had sat there on my eye half the day. Didn't even know it.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      I'd love to figure out where it came from, I just don't know how to go about it.

Here's a stupid story: I was clipping my fingernails once, and the full clipping from one of them flew at my eye. My eye watered for a couple minutes, hurt a little bit, and then got better. I figured I got the nail out...then like six hours later my eye got irritated by something, and I pulled out a full fingernail clipping that had sat there on my eye half the day. Didn't even know it.
      Ouch! That is strange.

Comment

I was once laying on my bunk bed (the top bunk, of course), and I wanted to see if I could roll off and land on my feet.

It didn't work.

Comment

I was once laying on my bunk bed (the top bunk, of course), and I wanted to see if I could roll off and land on my feet.

It didn't work.
          I have a friend who can do that, but she's a dwarf.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
            I have a friend who can do that, but she's a dwarf.
            Well, maybe it's something I could've done with practice, but I didn't want to try it again. For an obvious reason.

Comment

I can juggle, though no more than 4. Juggling 3 or 4 objects is actually a bit easier than most people think, IMO, but 5 is where it gets legit tough. I never got to 5.

I can ride a unicycle, although not super well. No, I can't juggle on it. Maybe I'll learn how someday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                Well, obviously I was trained in physics and astronomy, so I guess you all know that. I'm more liberal on social issues but I've got strong disagreements with modern feminism in particular.

Movies? Not big on them. My musical tastes are mostly hard rock and heavy metal. To name a few: Rush, Dio, Judas Priest, Jeff Beck, and Pat Travers. I've seen so many of them live it's not even funny - I could've been a stalker for Dio. My favorite shows are Air Crash Investigations and Seconds From Disaster.

I also love animals and motorsports too.
                I don't listen to much Dio, but Holy Diver is a really tough song not to like.

Comment

I don't listen to much Dio, but Holy Diver is a really tough song not to like.
                  Vivan Campbell has to be the most underrated guitar player in metal.

Those first three albums can't be touched.

Comment

Nice thread! It's great knowing you guys more :D

I'm studying Industrial Engineering. I should be done in a couple of years, God willing.

As a kid I used to watch lots of anime, read comic books, etc. Now the only comic I read is Darths & Droids.

I loved The Lord of the Rings in my teens. Chronicles of Narnia too. It's been years since I read either of them though. Not too long ago I started getting ito Lewis's other work.

I love watching movies. It's a family thing. So far the genres I find most entertaining are action, sci-fi, adventure, some horror, etc.

I learned English through a mix of school, watching movies, and using English sites for homework (they're more complete than Spanish versions!).

Musically, for years I mostly listened to a lot of heavy metal, not unlike Zymologist I think (maybe a bit more melodic). Bands like Amon Amarth, Megadeth, Opeth, Kataklysm. As a kid I liked rap, but I never knew many songs. There have been other genres where I find music I like: pop, blues, classical... Recently I mostly listen to praise and worship music.

I'm only starting to learn about politics -- motivated in part because I have a classmate who's actually starting a political career. I guess so far I'm socially conservative, but on the economical side I'm not sure; I "get" both sides's arguments and points to some extent. We will see.

I was raised a Christian in a Pentecostal-like Church (I'm the son of the pastor), but only over the last few years I have started to really 'get into' the things of the Lord and Christianity. I'm still learning of the formulation of key teachings, understanding stuff, Church history, etc. That is what got me into Apologetics years ago and eventually brought me here
                    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
                    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
                    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
                    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Comment