Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.09.29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.09.29

To: Stumpie@child_of_God.faith
    Subject: Re: Quitting

Dear Stumpie,

First of all it is good to hear from you my friend, it has been awhile. Thank you asking about me I am doing okay all things considered while I’ve had better days I’ve also had worse ones as well too. Not a day goes by but at some point I take a few minutes to honor God and many blessings I have enjoyed over the course of my life. But that’s enough of me.

As I was reading your email it reminded me of the different times in my life when I wanted to quit, so I know well what you are going through. And I know it is very easy for me to tell you life is never hopeless even though the absence of hope can be and is very intimidating but for someone groping in the dark territory of hopelessness no light shines.

Stumpie, I know you’re boned tired, I know you’ve come to the end of your rope, I know you want to just sit down on a log and let the world go by and quite frankly that is just what you need to do. However, while you’re sitting there here’s something to think and pray about. “Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me! For my soul trusts in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will make my refuge, Until these calamities have passed by. I will cry out to God Most High, To God who performs all things for me. He shall send from heaven and save me; He reproaches the one who would swallow me up. Selah, God shall send forth His mercy and His truth.” (Psalm 57:1–3, NKJV)

If you’re like most people who find themselves groping in the dark they blame the darkness on whatever is crushing them and in your case the difficulties robbing you of the light of hope. However, the good news is the Shadow of God’s Hope hovers over you so never forget where there’s a shadow there is a Light, the Light of Jesus. I know there are a lot of differences between us Stumpie but not only do we share our belief in God but because of our mutual belief in God we also share faith together. And another thing we have in common is we all face difficulties and adversities unique to our own lives and circumstances and because of our common belief in God and our belief in faith we can support each other through prayer and encouragement.

I am sure at one time or another you’ve heard the phrase, “If you have Jesus you have all you need.” And I believe that with all my heart, but I also know we need each other as well.

Until next time my friend…
    God’s favor and blessings,
    Crusty

Believe in presence of the GOD and in the strength of his GRACE!
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scriptures marked NKJV are from The New King James Version. (1982). Copyright 1979, 1980, 1982 by Thomas Nelson Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X