I finished Mere Christianity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finished Mere Christianity

It was quite the read. Man did it home though. When I first heard about christianity and how they described coming to christ as "seek and tou will find" I found it ridiculous. When I did come to believe I knew a vauge idea of what he would do. Make me like him. Mame me perfect so to speak. I found that scary. Before I came to really understand ny faith I thought I was good enough. I was wrong. This book didnt prove that to me but It walked me back to things I felt and discovered in my journey. I feel glad to have read it.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    It was quite the read. Man did it home though. When I first heard about christianity and how they described coming to christ as "seek and tou will find" I found it ridiculous. When I did come to believe I knew a vauge idea of what he would do. Make me like him. Mame me perfect so to speak. I found that scary. Before I came to really understand ny faith I thought I was good enough. I was wrong. This book didnt prove that to me but It walked me back to things I felt and discovered in my journey. I feel glad to have read it.
    I've read that book several times. I love the way Lewis puts things. That is one of the best book on Christianity I've read.
    Faith is not what we fall back to when reason isn't available. It's the conviction of what we have reason to believe. Greg Koukl

The loss of objectivity in moral thought does not lead to liberation. It leads to oppression. Secular ideologies preach liberty, but they practice tyranny. — Nancy Pearcey

Comment