Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Baha'i Source some call God(s) and why I believe in God.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    NO! Your ego just popped flush barrier.
    It's actually the other way 'round, but your ego can't allow you to admit the truth. So much for your independent search for the truth, I guess. It doesn't matter to me if you admit it, but for your sake it would be better for you to understand the silly nature of such claims to infallibility and inerrancy. We're all just fallible human beings trying to figure stuff out to the best of our ability and we sometimes need to start over with a new thought and see how well it fits or what might need to go by the wayside.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      <snip>
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Robrecht

I believe this will in part answer your question concerning Baha'i beliefs concerning 'infinities' and the nature of our physical existence.

Source: http://bahaiteachings.org/god-infinity-and-black-holes

If you believe that science has all the answers, or that science has removed much of the beauty and mystery of existence, this information should challenge those views. If you believe that the basic “laws” of physics always apply to everything, then the very nature of black holes negates that belief. And if you accept the Baha’i principle of the agreement of science and religion, then this perpetual, galactic, multiversal engine of creation sounds a lot like the work of a Supreme Being, a Creator, a First Cause, an incubator of Being, a generative spiritual force far beyond the abilities of science to conceptualize or understand.

These contemporary scientific theories and discoveries support the remarkable Baha’i view that creation has no beginning and no end. Perhaps the writings of Baha’u’llah can give us a hint about the enormity of this realization:

A drop of the billowing ocean of His endless mercy hath adorned all creation with the ornament of existence, and a breath wafted from His peerless Paradise hath invested all beings with the robe of His sanctity and glory. A sprinkling from the unfathomed deep of His sovereign and all-pervasive Will hath, out of utter nothingness, called into being a creation which is infinite in its range and deathless in its duration. The wonders of His bounty can never cease, and the stream of His merciful grace can never be arrested. The process of His creation hath had no beginning, and can have no end. – Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah, p. 61.

© Copyright Original Source

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X