Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.10.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.10.04

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    Is there a God or is there no God everyone WILL decide!
    Shalom!

Had a rather frank and to the point conversation about God a couple of nights ago. The conversation revolved around the question, “If God is a loving God why did He kill people, why does He allow innocent people suffer?” The question centered on the flood Noah was permitted to ride out, and why there is so much tragedy of our time. That’s wasn’t the first time I was asked that question, the first time I was asked the same question I was the one asking it. And one thing for sure there has been a whole lot of people a great deal smarter than I am have tried to answer it.

While I may be wrong I think there are a whole lot of people asking the same question including some who are afraid to vocalize their question. And perhaps as many or more who wonder about God who doesn’t bother to ask. When I am asked I usually start out by saying there is no real answer that will satisfy everyone because no one can fully understand God. What I really want to say goes something like this, “Why don’t you ask God He can speak for himself a lot better than I can speak for Him?” And really that’s what it boils down to, God and the questioner working it out between themselves. But that doesn’t mean God doesn’t want our help.

The conversation began with the question above but before it ended the question took a turn and a detour, “I need proof the God I believe in is a loving God.” I know there are a lot of people trying to prove there is a God and some say they have the proof but having the proof and getting someone to believe it is something else. I can’t prove there is a God, and I don’t think anyone can. Even the bible doesn’t prove there is a God it starts out, “In the beginning God created…” Yet the bible does in many places offer circumstantial evidence there is a God.

I believe THE most important questions about life we humans NEED to answer is whether or not we believe in God and the second part of that question is what kind of a God we believe in. I also believe even those of us to who do believe also find ourselves questioning God.

In case you’re wondering how the conversation turned out did the questioner get the answer he was looking for? I don’t really know but what I do know he does believe in God and like most of us his question wasn’t really about whether there was a God or not but what kind of a God He believes in.

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.”**
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, NLT
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X