Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.10.05

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.10.05

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    Jehovah-shammah, “God in the mist with me”
    Shalom!

I am not exactly sure what year we were vacationing in the Smoky Mountains of Townsend, Tennessee but one morning I woke up rather early (I am a diehard early morning riser) and I walked out of our cabin and into the early morning mist common in mountains. I am not that good of a judge of distance but I’d say my field of vision was limited to 100 feet or so leaving the world beyond existing in the mist. My first reaction was one of solitude then because of the eerie silence my feelings of solitude quickly turned to abandonment. Then suddenly the silence was broken by the sound of a woodpecker somewhere in the mist hammering on a nearby tree for its breakfast, while it wasn’t God’s voice telling me I wasn’t alone or abandoned I knew it was His reassuring message.

“Tap!” Tap!” Tap!” Tap!” The scene, sound, and message at that moment was forever etched in my memory, and has since replayed itself over and over each time I find myself standing in the mist of adversity. Perhaps the most important and powerful lesson my experience with God in the mist has “drilled” into me is our deepest and most intimate experiences with God occur when He is just beyond the range of our vision. If you were to ask God to prove Himself He would probably say something like this, “You have all the proof you need, simply believe!”

One message the Holy Spirit has embedded deep in my heart/spirit YOU’LL NEVER BELIEVE IN GOD UNTIL YOU NEED GOD and YOU’LL NEVER NEED GOD UNTIL YOU BELIEVE IN GOD! If you’re under the impression I am writing in circles you’d be right I am. When it comes to your life or the life of the world you can understand them as a straight line with a beginning and an end. However, when it comes to God Who is without beginning or end you need to understand Him as a perfect infinitely expanding 360 degree circle. At some specific point on the circle representing God you’ll find your life and mine, while I don’t know exactly what point we become a part of God and He becomes a part of us I can tell you what must happen in order to reach that point. When we accept Jesus as LORD of our life taking him into our hearts we become a part of God and He us.

One of the most powerful testimonies in the scriptures speak of God in the mist is found in chapter 20 of John. “That Sunday evening the disciples were meeting behind locked doors because they were afraid of the Jewish leaders. Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! “Peace be with you,” he said.” (John 20:19, NLT) Suddenly Jesus walked out of the “mist” of fear and into the lives of the disciples. Jesus/God does that for YOU!

“May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us.”**
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

**Psalm 67:1, NLT
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X