Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Next Generation of Pro-Life Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Generation of Pro-Life Leaders

I thought you'd all appreciate this great article in Slate on the up-and-coming faces of the pro-life movement and how they are quite a bit different and more diverse than previous generations.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double..._movement.html

I wanna do my hair like that.

161004_DX_New-Pro-Life-Movement.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Here's one of the pertinent quotes from the OP...

Despite recent setbacks, however, the demographic outlook for the pro-life movement looks anything but bleak. On issues from race to sexuality to drug law, Americans are used to seeing each new generation become more progressive than their parents; with abortion, it’s not happening: In a 2015 Public Religion Research Institute survey, 52 percent of millennials said the label “pro-life” describes them somewhat or very well, a number that roughly mirrors the general population. A 2013 poll showed that 52 percent of people aged 18 to 29 favored bans on abortion after 20 weeks, compared with 48 percent overall. Pro-choice activists now worry about the “intensity gap” among young people: A poll commissioned by NARAL Pro-Choice America in 2010 found that 51 percent of anti-abortion voters younger than 30 considered the issue “very important,” but for pro-choice voters the same age, only 26 percent said the same.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think it's important to point out that the movement doesn't necessarily include repeal of Roe v Wade. The pro-choice/pro-life dichotomy isn't really the conflict anymore.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
          I think it's important to point out that the movement doesn't necessarily include repeal of Roe v Wade. The pro-choice/pro-life dichotomy isn't really the conflict anymore.
          What do you see as the real conflict today?
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            What do you see as the real conflict today?
            Internalizing possible consequences and taking appropriate steps vs the attitude that there's a safety net when things go 'awry'.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
              Internalizing possible consequences and taking appropriate steps vs the attitude that there's a safety net when things go 'awry'.
              Didn't it used to be that family took responsibility for family, feeding, clothing, whooping when needed?
              I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Amazing Rando View Post
                I thought you'd all appreciate this great article in Slate on the up-and-coming faces of the pro-life movement and how they are quite a bit different and more diverse than previous generations.

http://www.slate.com/articles/double..._movement.html
                Pro-life leaders that their prog enemies actually like!!!
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Amazingly I've seen a secular/atheistic and agnostic group that's pro-life because of health reasons, many are physicians and nurses, and some are lay people. Part of it has a lot to do with the complications they've treated post abortion. For other reasons mentioned they are pro-life, due to human anatomy and development. Its quite interesting.
                  A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X