Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The ID movement rents another room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ID movement rents another room

This time it's at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge, although that's only the venue - there doesn't seem to be any association with Hughes Hall other than renting space. They could just as easily have rented space at the local Marriott.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    This time it's at Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge, although that's only the venue - there doesn't seem to be any association with Hughes Hall other than renting space. They could just as easily have rented space at the local Marriott.
    But then they wouldn't have the appearance of legitimacy.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

These conferences must be rather strange. The ones I go to always involve people talking about the research they've done. Almost none of these people do research (I think Doug Axe is the exception). So what do they present? "Aha! I've thought of a new argument to make!"?
      "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

Pathetic.

Comment

How come they never go to former federal prisoner 06452-017 (a.k.a. Kent Hovind) alma mater, Patriot University?

PatriotUniversity.jpg
          I'm sure the garage is available.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ah, the Dishonesty Institute lives up to it's name:
            A Cambridge Conference
            The Centre for Intelligent Design and Discovery Institute
            Saturday, 12 November 2016 from 08:30 to 17:00 (GMT)
            CAMBRIDGE, United Kingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Bret View Post
              Ah, the Dishonesty Institute lives up to it's name:
              A Cambridge Conference
              The Centre for Intelligent Design and Discovery Institute
              Saturday, 12 November 2016 from 08:30 to 17:00 (GMT)
              CAMBRIDGE, United Kingdom
              Musicians do it too. There are many smaller performing venues in Carnegie Hall for rent. Rent one. Do a concert. And if you've got the money, just rent the main hall.

Poof: "Performed at Carnegie Hall".

In the performing arts, it's mostly about appearances and who can put on a good show.

And I think it safe to say the DI is a 'performance' organization interested in putting on a good show - not so much a science organization interested in doing relavent research.

Jim
              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-17-2016, 09:30 AM.
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment