Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary's paid online pro-Hillary trolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary's paid online pro-Hillary trolls

*Ahem* Tassman, JimL, Jaecp... ?

Good grief. The political arms race continues to escalate.

Edited to add: Is anyone really surprised by this? Do we doubt that Trump also has a similar plan? Is anyone else irritated by the semantic drift of "troll"?
    Last edited by guacamole; 10-18-2016, 05:43 PM. Reason: More wisdom from Guacamole
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Well, yeah. According to Hillary, Putin's got a whole alt-right network of em. Of course that conspiracy isn't as proven as the Hillary super Pac, but yeah, that don't matter.

Comment

I regularly see paid Hillary trolls in the Breitbart comment section. They're pretty easy to spot, actually, because they tend to do nothing other than regurgitate the Hillary campaign's talking points and are easily stumped when it comes to actually defending their position. But then again, that's typical of most liberals, so who knows.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I wonder how one goes about getting a paid gig like that, and how they even pay?

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            I wonder how one goes about getting a paid gig like that, and how they even pay?
            No doubt. Someone get on this. My retirement is perched in the balance. It wouldn't surprise me if these kinds of political gigs are pseudo-under-the-table--you know, unreported cash/scholarships/gifts/etc.

Editted to add: Here you go, you lazy buzzards.

http://smokinghotpoliticaljunkies.co...ery-bad-taste/

A juicy point from the article:

Last edited by guacamole; 10-18-2016, 07:43 PM. Reason: Look what I found:
            Save me, save me"

Comment

That's awesome (assuming I'm not getting punked by some satire site).

Comment

From my typically slapdash perusal of the site, it looks like it was/is a pro-bernie site.

Save me, save me"

Comment

Well, yeah. According to Hillary, Putin's got a whole alt-right network of em. Of course that conspiracy isn't as proven as the Hillary super Pac, but yeah, that don't matter.
                  According to Hillary?

If you ignore The New York Times, Then again last June, Buzzfeed, The Guardian, more guardian and this guy on Forbes

Oh, and of course, the best introductory article, Courtesy of The Atlantic

Now, obviously, this is merely just a pile of links that you won't read (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_brigades heres the wiki page) but what gives SeanD? The usual refrain I see on TWeb is that we shouldn't care who is interfering with the election because at least the information being shared is true. Why are you denying the basic existence of web brigades? It's not according to Hillary, The Department of Homeland Secruity and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security are pointing at Russia, too.
                  Last edited by Jaecp; 10-18-2016, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                      According to Hillary?

If you ignore The New York Times, Then again last June, Buzzfeed, The Guardian, more guardian and this guy on Forbes

Now, obviously, this is merely just a pile of links that you won't read (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_brigades heres the wiki page) but what gives SeanD? The usual refrain I see on TWeb is that we shouldn't care who is interfering with the election because at least the information being shared is true. Why are you denying the basic existence of web brigades? It's not according to Hillary, The Department of Homeland Secruity and Office of the Director of National Intelligence on Election Security are pointing at Russia, too.
                      I'm not denying it, it's certainly plausible that governments engage in propaganda online, I just can't prove it. It would certainly serve their best interest being that that's where a whole lot of people get most of their info these days. Of course, being that we're in a cold war with Russia and all, and on the cusp of a hot war, MSM certainly would have every reason to propagate this theory, whether true or not. Haven't read the articles you linked, not really interested in it to be honest, so they may offer as much evidence for this as the evidence of Hillary's super Pac. But I never denied it. Hillary didn't really link alt-right to a Putin troll network (to my knowledge), I was just being sarcastic and trying to be funny

Comment

I'm not denying it, it's certainly plausible that governments engage in propaganda online, I just can't prove it. It would certainly serve their best interest being that that's where a whole lot of people get most of their info these days. Of course, being that we're in a cold war with Russia and all, and on the cusp of a hot war, MSM certainly would have every reason to propagate this theory, whether true or not. Haven't read the articles you linked, not really interested in it to be honest, so they may offer as much evidence for this as the evidence of Hillary's super Pac. But I never denied it. Hillary didn't really link alt-right to a Putin troll network (to my knowledge), I was just being sarcastic and trying to be funny
                        Read the The Atlantic article, at least, I don't care if you skip the rest (its literally part of the first page of google hits for "Russian Troll Army" I just wanted to link to a wide variety of places to show that I wasn't advocating some conspiracy) except for the DHS report. I have never seen the government so clearly single out a cyber attack target like this. Its kind of nuts, you know?

This is a serious issue and it's not going to end when trump get's destroyed 3 weeks from now so you should start looking into it. The Atlantic article is from 2014, long before Trump was on anyone's radar as a realistic presidential candidate and long before anyone here cared about Hillary's emails. It's a source old enough to establish that these "web brigades" exist. This is very serious issue Sean and it would behoove you to learn about it. This is a thing that exists. Unequivocally.

Comment

*Ahem* Tassman, JimL, Jaecp... ?
                          wow, those guys are missing out on an opportunity. Especially JimL who is always looking for a free handout. Maybe Clinton will hire them to put the lid on us upstarts here on Tweb. Or maybe not since they are already working for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                            According to Hillary?

another 3 cents in your pocket! Cha-CHING! $$$

Comment

Now isn't this interesting:

m1S4wl.jpg

I've actually seen Hillary shills use these tactics with my own eyes!
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment