Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Thin Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the posts, everyone. Cow Poke, I liked what you had to say. "Spiritual sandpaper" indeed. I recently read "The Crook in the Lot," and it had some similar things to say. (Great book--I'd recommend it heartily.)

I think it is rooted in insecurity--I've always disliked several of the things that make me who I am. How skinny I am, how awkward I am, etc. It's an ongoing process.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
      I think it is rooted in insecurity--I've always disliked several of the things that make me who I am. How skinny I am, how awkward I am, etc. It's an ongoing process.
      Then the real "serenity prayer" (attitude) may be more applicable.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Zym, I have a lot of insecurity problems too. Its gotten better over the years. For example, I'm really good at ignoring people on the internet (well at least better) at pretending they don't exist. Its like hey your a nameless faceless dweeb why should I be listening to you. Where I have really big problems is if I mess up with someone and they have anything to do with me anymore. Or I lost a lot of friends because of my prior relationship (ex-husband) and I have no chance to even apologize to the people who got hurt or I isolated from, because I wasn't allowed to have contact with them. That's one that hurts more than anything.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment