Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How embarrassing would it be if?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How embarrassing would it be if?

If this guy manages to win electoral votes and it does nothing for US third parties because he's only got a shot in hell of winning his home state and won't hit anywhere relevant to the numbers needed nationally?

Oh, and check out this crazy stuff about Trumps odds of winning. You know whats funny though? Ever since the middle of last month where trump started taking hits in the polls those metrics I linked started tracking really interestingly in one small fashion.

map.jpg

So for Trump to win he needs to cross that dotted black line so that means Arizona, where he's down 10 points; Iowa, down 16; Ohio, down 29; North Carolina. down, down 45; Florida, down 51; Nevada, down 50; and finally Minnesota as Trumps hardest state and the one he needs as of that picture to win for him to become President. Now Minnesota is going to Hillary 87.3% of the time, a 74 point spread, and 538 has the Democrats taking the Presidency at, 87.4% chance.

Haha. Trump could beat the odds in Arizona, Iowa, Ohio, North Carolina, Florida AND Nevada and he'd still need to somehow beat a 74 point spread.

Now, I'm not gambling man, but so neither is Trump so what's it matter, haha
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 10-19-2016, 04:04 PM. Reason: Fixed link at J's request

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
    If this guy manages to win electoral votes and it does nothing for US third parties because he's only got a shot in hell of winning his home state and won't hit anywhere relevant to the numbers needed nationally?
    I don't think his candidacy has much to do with starting a 3rd party. He's the protest vote of choice for the members of the religious right who don't see themselves as obliged to vote for Trump.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Oh, and check out this crazy stuff about Trumps odds of winning.
      How I know Trump has good chance of winning: lib mainstream media constant onslaught against him
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        How I know Trump has good chance of winning: lib mainstream media constant onslaught against him
        Shoo

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          I don't think his candidacy has much to do with starting a 3rd party. He's the protest vote of choice for the members of the religious right who don't see themselves as obliged to vote for Trump.
          Oh, I know, I'm saying that it'll be ironic because he'll be the first to do so in how long and it won't help anyone else :D

Comment

Depends on which polls you're looking at. Some show Hillary up. Others show Trump up. The interesting thing is that so many pollsters are oversampling Democrats and under-sampling independents with the assumption that voters have as much enthusiasm for Hillary as they did for Obama and will turn out in similar numbers when this is obviously not the case. Anybody paying attention to Trump's massive crowds versus Hillary's anemic rallies can see that for themselves. There are also significant numbers of Democrat voters breaking for Trump which is something you never saw with Romney. Then there's WikiLeaks showing clear collusion between the media and the Hillary campaign which puts further doubt on the veracity of the polls.

You say, "But the polls were right in 2012!". We're they? Or did the Democrat party simply hand the media made-to-order results that aligned with Nate Silver's predictions as some insiders claim? And can they get away with it again with a candidate as toxic and unpopular as Hillary?

Going to be interesting to see what November reveals.
            Last edited by Mountain Man; 10-19-2016, 06:08 AM.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Clicking on your first link reveals this...

nothing found.png
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What if neither Trump or Clinton got enough electoral votes? Or there was a tie? Who would Paul Ryan put in?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  What if neither Trump or Clinton got enough electoral votes? Or there was a tie? Who would Paul Ryan put in?
                  If there is a tie in the electoral college, the full House of Representatives votes for president, of which the speaker is typically a member ('though this is not required by the constitution) and he gets one vote. The speaker does not simply decide.
                  βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                  ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

I could honestly see Ryan backing Hillary, or maybe a "compromise" candidate like Jeb or Kasich who probably wouldn't be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                      If there is a tie in the electoral college, the full House of Representatives votes for president, of which the speaker is typically a member ('though this is not required by the constitution) and he gets one vote. The speaker does not simply decide.
                      While this is technically true, the reality is that the Speaker has a lot of clout. It's usually the reason they became Speaker in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        I could honestly see Ryan backing Hillary, or maybe a "compromise" candidate like Jeb or Kasich who probably wouldn't be much better.
                        Yes, from what I understand they wouldn't have to choose either Trump or Hillary. I vote for Scott Walker!
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Yes, from what I understand they wouldn't have to choose either Trump or Hillary. I vote for Scott Walker!
                          We can be sure that if comes down a House vote, they'll elect whoever is best for Washington and to hell with what's good for the citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Clicking on your first link reveals this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19185[/ATTACH]
                            http://heatst.com/world/exclusive-ev...ve-ties-trump/

Can you edit my OP? somehow [url got tacked onto the end

Comment

Guys, this isn't about a tie. The link, which you can now use, is about that guy in Utah.

Comment