Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.10.20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.10.20

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    With Jesus it only gets better…
    Shalom!

If you ever need a reason why bad things happen to God’s people here it is…
    “Blessed are those whose strength is in you, in whose heart are the highways to Zion. As they go through the Valley of Baca they make it a place of springs; the early rain also covers it with pools. They go from strength to strength; each one appears before God in Zion.” (Psalm 84:5–7, ESV)

The Valley of Baca in bible dictionaries is referred to as “the Valley of Weeping” Smith’s Bible Dictionary defines it this way… Ba'ca. (weeping). The Valley of Baca. A valley in Palestine, through which the exiled Psalmist sees, in vision, the pilgrims passing in their march towards the sanctuary of Jehovah at Zion. Psa_84:6. That it was a real locality is most probable from the use of the definite article before the name.

The bible dictionaries say the Valley of Baca isn’t a real valley I disagree. While it may not be a real place in the lands of the bible it is a real place in our lives. It could be in a hospital room, a doctor’s office, the unemployment line, a funeral home, or a hundred or so other places.

On the outside the Valley of Baca appears to be a place to be avoided after all who wants their lives all messed up and in turmoil by “bad things”? Not me that’s for sure! However, because of a relationship with Jesus those “bad things” appearing on the outside are really “good things” on the inside and a reason to smile.

According to the Psalmist each Valley of Baca is not only a “proving ground” but a place of spiritual growth. One standout/life changing experience in the Valley of Baca for me occurred shortly after I was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis a elderly gentleman prayed that God would heal me. Immediately I prayed, “Not now LORD I am growing spiritually.” Myasthenia Gravis opened the gate to the Valley of Baca and reluctantly I began walking yet the further I walked because the Holy Spirit was walking with me I went from “strength to strength”. Years later Jesus answered the prayer for healing as the MG went into remission where it is today.

If you are in the Valley of Baca take heart Jesus is there with you so smile and believe in this promise, “Those who sow in tears shall reap with shouts of joy! He who goes out weeping, bearing the seed for sowing, shall come home with shouts of joy, bringing his sheaves with him.” (Psalm 126:5–6, ESV)

“May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us…”
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked ESV "Are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

**Psalm 67:1, ESV
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X