What makes you feel like a wimp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

You know the odds of you having another crash are about the same as a bridge collapsing while I'm driving across it, right?

This, again, shows how the odds have never been in my favor. I've been in two.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      This, again, shows how the odds have never been in my favor. I've been in two.
      Car wrecks, bridge collapses or both?

You realize that the only proper response is "yes", right?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Shhhhh! You guys, I was just trying to make MelMak feel better!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You know the odds of you having another crash are about the same as a bridge collapsing while I'm driving across it, right?

You have seen your avatar, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            You have seen your avatar, right?
            No?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Car wrecks, bridge collapses or both?

You realize that the only proper response is "yes", right?
              Yes*.

He's not me, or related to me, so he can't have inherited my luck. He's probably fine.

* Car wrecks. Possibly one more, but it was a LONG time ago, and nobody was hurt.

Comment

You did your job.
                ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                  You did your job.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    Yes*.

He's not me, or related to me, so he can't have inherited my luck. He's probably fine.

* Car wrecks. Possibly one more, but it was a LONG time ago, and nobody was hurt.
                    Been in a couple. One that required stitches and the other earlier this year. Left me in a good deal of pain for a few days. An underage illegal alien in the country on his own who was intoxicated and stole a car was at fault for the latter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                      Since my crash, driving.
                      I feel you man. I was hit by someone that ran a red-light, and it was one of the scariest things ever. If I hadn't cut the wheel at the last second, I doubt I'd have walked away.

For awhile it was hard to get back behind the wheel - especially in areas where I knew people drove like they just got their license. You might consider trying some medication if it becomes a problem, at least until you feel better. We're men but we're not immortal, and there's nothing wrong with remembering that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                        I feel you man. I was hit by someone that ran a red-light, and it was one of the scariest things ever. If I hadn't cut the wheel at the last second, I doubt I'd have walked away.

For awhile it was hard to get back behind the wheel - especially in areas where I knew people drove like they just got their license. You might consider trying some medication if it becomes a problem, at least until you feel better. We're men but we're not immortal, and there's nothing wrong with remembering that.
                        Same here; was cut off in front by someone pulling out in front of me turning left against a stop sign while I had a green light. That was a couple of years and a bit ago, and the fractured sternum I sustained has long since healed. Indeed, though, at the time it was pretty scary. But my Lord preserved me through it; I knew, as I still know, that He was in control of it as He is over all things, and that gave me comfort.
                        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post

This is why motorcycles scare me to death: not because the bike is scary, but because the idiot in the car who could kill you at any second is.
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                            This is why motorcycles scare me to death: not because the bike is scary, but because the idiot in the car who could kill you at any second is.
                            Or the idiot on the cycle who weaves in and out between cars and generally does dangerous stuff without any protection.

Fault on both sides, my friend.

Comment