Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.10.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.10.21

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    Lessons on the road of Transition…
    Shalom!

In her blog for 10.20.2016 https://transcendingdarkness.wordpress.com/ vann54 writes about Transitions in her opening paragraph she writes. “Just as with the change of seasons, there are transitions in household routines, some good, some different, some temporary. This week we have had transitions. The second daughter came home from her two year missionary trip in Africa, and while it is a transition for her it also affects us, the trio in permanent residence. And on top of this I am flying to NYC to help the eldest with the grandson when the son-in-law is in Nepal on a mission trek. So yes the transitions adorned this week.” (Please click on the link above and read the rest of her blog you will be inspired and blessed.)

A quick search for the word transition resulted in “0” verses but I did find this, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” (2 Corinthians 5:17, ESV). Which speaks powerfully to the “inner works and end result” of transition as does, “Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.” (Isaiah 43:19, ESV)

Vann54 ends Transitions this way, “Yes there’s a lot of transitions here and I pray for the wisdom to see them in the light of good things to come. AMEN.” I believe she sees transitions as they are meant to be, opportunities to allow God to take Leadership of our lives and place us back on His path. One of the things that impresses me and is a “take away lesson” for me is her lack of placing blame. I believe trying to affix blame for the difficult (transition) times is like a car spinning its wheels on a “sheet of ice” but going nowhere.

In her latest comment to this blog she puts the temptation to affix blame and throws sand under the spinning wheels and gets moving allowing God to lead her in His direction. “I was nerdy busy doing but when my son’s schizophrenia got stuck I had to quit doing and just abide, read and pray which while I did not appreciate my son’s difficulty, it did bring me into a place of abiding where no I can retreat to more easily and quicker than before and instead of “doing”.” While we may not have a member of our family with schizophrenia we are all at some level of transition, and therein is the lesson for all of us especially me.

Vann54 my friend, thank you for your wisdom and inspiration you are a true blessing in my life. Isn’t it not only amazing but miraculous how the Holy Spirit “arranges for strangers” to meet on God’s chosen path for each of them! Blessing my friend!

“May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us…”
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: www.gloryseeddevotionals.org/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked ESV "Are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

**Psalm 67:1, ESV
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X