Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Do babies have thoughts in the womb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do babies have thoughts in the womb?

If babies can think and feel that proves that they are not only alive but cognizant.
    So is there any evidence that babies can do these things?
    sigpic

A babies are learning words before they are born.
    http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2013/...ize-words-womb

The ability to hear begins by the 18th week.
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...t/art-20046151
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Cool.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
        If babies can think and feel that proves that they are not only alive but cognizant.
        So is there any evidence that babies can do these things?

There's no evidence for cognizant thought on the Internet - maybe we should take the fact that babies in utero don't use the Internet as evidence of cognition?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Whether babies in utereo have enough experience to have real meaningful thoughts does not really matter. Our thinking is primarily based upon experience so lack of thinking, or reduced levels of thinking. only point to the experience limiting factor of still being in the womb. This does not have any bearing on supporting the abortion issue.

I understand, Wall, that this was not in any way your intent. Just me making the point.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Are babies after they are born void of cognizant thought? Why not?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/arti...tal-psychology
            . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Their thoughts/dreams would likely be much different than ours due to lack of language and visual stimulation. My tounge in cheek reason for why we don't remember our early years is that it's in a different format that can't be accessed by an older brain. Meaning that if a child had the language skills to tell you what the were thinking, they likely could not tell you what they were thinking when they were little babies. A 32(34?) week fetus is psychologically the same as a newborn, but they still have some developing to do. And the passive immunity shot from mom is in the last few weeks of pregnancy.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Their thoughts/dreams would likely be much different than ours due to lack of language and visual stimulation. My tounge in cheek reason for why we don't remember our early years is that it's in a different format that can't be accessed by an older brain. Meaning that if a child had the language skills to tell you what the were thinking, they likely could not tell you what they were thinking when they were little babies. A 32(34?) week fetus is psychologically the same as a newborn, but they still have some developing to do. And the passive immunity shot from mom is in the last few weeks of pregnancy.
                That's kinda weird, but, at the same time, if babies thought like we do, they would be horrified that they were confined to such a small space. Yeah, I'm claustrophobic.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

John the Baptist leaped in his mother's womb at the sound of Mary's voice.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I mean babies may not be able to analyze things but they can feel. They feel love. They feel pain.
                    If they can do that how can people justify abortion?
                    sigpic

Comment

I mean babies may not be able to analyze things but they can feel. They feel love. They feel pain.
                      If they can do that how can people justify abortion?
                      They don't see them. For some reason, people can't see how much trouble they will be in for hurting/killing the least of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        That's kinda weird, but, at the same time, if babies thought like we do, they would be horrified that they were confined to such a small space. Yeah, I'm claustrophobic.
                        They don't know any different. Little babies actually like being swaddled/held snugly. It reminds them of the womb where they were never hungry, cold, or thirsty. that doesn't mean there's no stress though. If Mom is stressed, junior will be stressed also due to stress hormones crossing over to him/her.

Comment

I mean with adoption being available I just cant see it. The baby can go to a good home.
                          sigpic

Comment

I mean with adoption being available I just cant see it. The baby can go to a good home.
                            There's a lot of misinformation. Newborn babies have the highest demand for being adopted. You know how every wants a puppy or kitten, so the older dogs and cats end up not getting adopted? Similar thing with children. Except no one is advocating murdering foster children who aren't adopted. I hope that NEVER HAPPENS!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              If it's all you have ever known; I suppose it wouldn't be so bad.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X