Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do babies have thoughts in the womb?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWall View Post
    I mean babies may not be able to analyze things but they can feel. They feel love. They feel pain.
    If they can do that how can people justify abortion?
    They don't see them. For some reason, people can't see how much trouble they will be in for hurting/killing the least of us.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's kinda weird, but, at the same time, if babies thought like we do, they would be horrified that they were confined to such a small space. Yeah, I'm claustrophobic.
    They don't know any different. Little babies actually like being swaddled/held snugly. It reminds them of the womb where they were never hungry, cold, or thirsty. that doesn't mean there's no stress though. If Mom is stressed, junior will be stressed also due to stress hormones crossing over to him/her.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I mean with adoption being available I just cant see it. The baby can go to a good home.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I mean with adoption being available I just cant see it. The baby can go to a good home.
    There's a lot of misinformation. Newborn babies have the highest demand for being adopted. You know how every wants a puppy or kitten, so the older dogs and cats end up not getting adopted? Similar thing with children. Except no one is advocating murdering foster children who aren't adopted. I hope that NEVER HAPPENS!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's kinda weird, but, at the same time, if babies thought like we do, they would be horrified that they were confined to such a small space. Yeah, I'm claustrophobic.
    If it's all you have ever known; I suppose it wouldn't be so bad.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

6. Amen Christianbookworm, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If babies can think and feel that proves that they are not only alive but cognizant.
    So is there any evidence that babies can do these things?
    Depends on how you are defining 'thought'. Complex ideas and problem solving, most likely not. Basic reactions to the world around them, most likely yes.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

8. Amen DesertBerean, Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    Depends on how you are defining 'thought'. Complex ideas and problem solving, most likely not. Basic reactions to the world around them, most likely yes.
    Because it's a learning / growing process.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Because it's a learning / growing process.
    Pretty much. I've had the pleasure of holding/taking care of quite a few newborns and I can say that even at that young age, there's differences in how they act and react to things around them. I doubt they are having complex ideas about the world around them, but it is pretty obvious that at least some wheels are turning in their head.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

11. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Babies do seem to have an innate understanding of how some physics things work. If you make it look like something impossible has occurred(say, a block on the very edge of a table that should be falling to the ground), babies will look longer than of the block is balanced on the edge of the table.

But they couldn't understand the math behind the physics. And little kids can still be confused.

Although, these kids are big kids, not itty bitty babies. Since unborn babies are asleep 95%-100% of the time, it would be a very bad idea to try to wake them up to preform psychology experiments on them. Newborns do recognize stories that have been read to them in utero, though.
    Last edited by Christianbookworm; 10-22-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Babies do seem to have an innate understanding of how some physics things work. If you make it look like something impossible has occurred(say, a block on the very edge of a table that should be falling to the ground), babies will look longer than of the block is balanced on the edge of the table.

But they couldn't understand the math behind the physics. And little kids can still be confused.

Although, these kids are big kids, not itty bitty babies. Since unborn babies are asleep 95%-100% of the time, it would be a very bad idea to try to wake them up to preform psychology experiments on them. Newborns do recognize stories that have been read to them in utero, though.
    That's mainly because not all science nor math is intuitive and sometimes can be counter-intuitive.
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

14. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.