Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obamacare: more rate hikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obamacare: more rate hikes

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...rers/92286590/

Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Time for single payer? If the price gouging goes on long enough, and if we get another liberal administration, it's within the realm of possibility...
    "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
    Hear my cry, hear my shout,
    Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
      Time for single payer? If the price gouging goes on long enough, and if we get another liberal administration, it's within the realm of possibility...
      I see what the government does with the VA. Pass.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Wait - weren't my premiums supposed to go down 25%?
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by guacamole View Post
          Many folks figured that was what the whole Obamacare fiasco was designed to lead to from the start.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Wait - weren't my premiums supposed to go down 25%?
            And you could keep your doctor

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

so if they went to a single payer system, what happens to all of those huge health insurance companies? United, Humana, Anthem?

And if there is a single payer, does that mean that eventually the doctors and healthcare workers will just be working for Federally owned hospitals? At government mandated salaries?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                so if they went to a single payer system, what happens to all of those huge health insurance companies? United, Humana, Anthem?

And if there is a single payer, does that mean that eventually the doctors and healthcare workers will just be working for Federally owned hospitals? At government mandated salaries?
                And everyone associated with the hospital. More government employees. More government pensions. More government overspending. More corruption and collusion...
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Bill Clinton caught making another truthful utterance!

"One of the problems with [Obamacare], we can all tick them off, right? The copays, deductibles and premiums are too high, and the drug prices are too high."
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    And everyone associated with the hospital. More government employees. More government pensions. More government overspending. More corruption and collusion...
                    or less doctors, nurses, etc. Why would they want to go into a profession where they have to work for the government, for government pay? Instead of making $400K a year, or whatever, the government could say doctors only make $100K now because we have to cut healthcare costs or there is no budget. It will be the VA system for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Bill Clinton caught making another truthful utterance!

"One of the problems with [Obamacare], we can all tick them off, right? The copays, deductibles and premiums are too high, and the drug prices are too high."
                      well that is the setup for the Government control of all healthcare, including the pharmaceutical companies so they can control drug costs.

Comment

You would think people would be suspicious of a full government takeover after Obamacare has done exactly the opposite of what was promised. Unfortunately, there are a lot of very stupid people out there.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          You would think people would be suspicious of a full government takeover after Obamacare has done exactly the opposite of what was promised. Unfortunately, there are a lot of very stupid people out there.
                          They are thinking of how much money it will save them if they don't have to pay anything for healthcare. It will all be free. Yet what will actually happen is instead of paying premiums to insurance companies and deductibles, the government will just charge a health-care tax, which you have no choice over, and make you pay even more for worse care. And they can raise the rates any time and you have no control over it at all.

Or worse, they will charge you taxes and you will still have to pay a "deductible" to the doctors and hospitals.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary Clinton
                            "You know, before it was called Obamacare, it was called Hillarycare."

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/s...67580770869248
                            Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment