X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00000000000000ar1aaa2h.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• 00000000000000ar1aaa2c.jpg

Comment

• 00000000000000ar1aaa2b.jpg

Comment

• 00000000000000ar1aaa2h.jpg

Comment

• ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

Sad, but true.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                  Calm down, folks. They were immersing themselves in Islamic culture as a learning experience.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Calm down, folks. They were immersing themselves in Islamic culture as a learning experience.
                    Oh, OK, then it is good...
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Perhaps it would be best if I remind some of the folks here of the blatant racism directed at black conservatives by liberals for the sin of wandering off the plantation that they established for them. Since I mentioned Condoleeza Rice first let's start with her.

Los Angeles Times' political cartoonist Jeff Danziger depicted her as the barely literate/ebonics-speaking, "Gone with the Wind" mammy-like character "Prissy" nursing the aluminum tubes cited by the Bush's Administration as evidence of Iraq’s pursuit of nuclear weapons. Danziger tried to deflect criticism from conservatives by claiming that the idea for his cartoon was suggested to him by some unnamed "black friend" and therefore wasn't racist. The rest of his claim underlies his deceit. He asserts that Rice "happens to be African-American" as if he were depicting her without regard to race. Bullfeathers. It is only because she is black that it makes any sense to draw her as a racist stereotype from "Gone with the Wind" –- and drawing her that way does not in any way make fun of her politics, it just makes fun of her race.

But it was nearly completely ignored because Rice is conservative.

Then there are the depictions by the Boston Globe's Pat Oliphant (twice) as a dark-skinned big-lipped parrot shortly after she was nominated to become Secretary of State. To be fair, it's a cartoonists' job to exaggerate features of people they draw, but the fact is that Rice doesn't have particularly full lips, so you would think he could have drawn Rice without resorting to a racist big-lipped caricature of blacks. In fact, in order to communicate convincingly the image of Rice, Oliphant needs to select specific features that are immediately recognizable by the largest possible audience. An obvious target would have been her unique hairstyle of the time, but Oliphant instead picked big lips because they have long been used as a way of communicating the racist idea that blacks are buffoons (i.e., Rice is dismissed as a buffoon). It is a physical feature exaggerated to communicate not only a certain race but also negative presumptions about the race.

Next, there is the former President of the Association of American Editorial Cartoonists, Ted Rall, who depicted the then-Secretary of State as being sent to an inner-city racial re-education camp where she claims that she was Bush’s "house nigga." Rall, a white male, was accused of racism by Project 21, an organization that describes itself as "The National Leadership Network of Black Conservatives"

Similarly, the late liberal syndicated radio talk show host Neil Rogers (WQAM in South Florida) commissioned and continuously played a song about Rice done to the tune of Nat King Cole’s classic "Mona Lisa," mocking black’s speech patterns and containing racist slurs and described her as a "black-haired answer-mammy" who "cleans all the White House bathrooms." Entitled “Condolezza,” the song includes the following lyrics:

"Is you there 'cause you a high-toned public Negro?
                      Is you their black-haired answer-mammy who be smart?
                      Does they like how you shine their shoes, Condoleezza?
                      Or the way you wash and park the whitey's cars.

Georgie junior says he trusts you, Condoleezza.
                      Who said our [unintelligible] off the greedy oil woes.
                      But then he make you clean all the White House bathrooms.
                      The public sink, the toilet and let's scrub the floors."

The NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton... none of the usual suspects, ever asked for Rogers to be yanked off the air (which they would if Condolezza Rice was a liberal) much less even bothered to ask for a simple apology. It was, say it with me now, nearly completely ignored because Rice is conservative.

Then there is the poet laureate of New Jersey, Amiri Baraka (a.k.a., Everett LeRoi Jones, Imamu Amear Baraka), who wrote a poem blaming the Jews for the 9/11 terrorist attacks ("Who told 4000 Israeli workers at the Twin Towers to stay home that day? Why did Sharon stay away?") where he also attacked not only Rice but Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and Secretary of State Colin Powell as well in one of his tax-payer sponsored "poems":

Who do Tom Ass Clarence Work for
                      Who doo doo come out the Colon's mouth
                      Who know what kind of Skeeza is a Condoleeza

Once again, imagine the reaction if a conservative had said similar things about liberal blacks.

The next one I mentioned was the considerably lesser known former Maryland Lt. Governor and RNC chairman Michael S. Steele (who liberals pelted with Oreo cookies, called an "Uncle Tom" and depicted as a black-faced minstrel). Boston Globe movie critic Wesley Morris likened the House Negro in D’Jango Unchained, played by Samuel L. Jackson, to Steele.

And then there was this image of him circulated on liberal websites (next to an actual picture)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32040[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]32041[/ATTACH]

Not only was there no outcry, but liberal blacks made it clear they approved of such treatment!

Liberal black leaders responded to objections from Steele by saying that there is nothing wrong with what they called "pointing out the obvious." A campaign spokesman for Kweisi Mfume, a 5-term Democratic Congressman and candidate for the U.S. Senate as well as the former president of the NAACP, proclaimed that "There is a difference between pointing out the obvious and calling someone names." Mfume never rejected the statement or asked his aide to apologize or retract his statement.

Likewise, Maryland State Senator Lisa A. Gladden, a black Baltimore Democrat, said that she doesn’t expect her party to pull any punches including racial jabs at Mr. Steele: "If you are bold enough to run, you have to take whatever the voters are going to give you. It’s a democracy."

Delegate Salima Siler Marriott, a black Baltimore Democrat, claimed that Mr. Steele invited comparisons to a slave who loves his cruel master or a cookie that is white on the inside and black on the outside because his conservative philosophy is, in her view, anti-black. "Because he is a conservative, he is different than most public blacks, and he is different than most people in our community," (talk about stereotyping) she said. "His politics are not in the best interest of the masses of black people."

Perhaps I should provide another example. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

First off liberals have repeatedly proclaimed that Thomas isn't really black because he isn't liberal. There's that racist stereotyping from the left again. Far too many liberals commonly dismisses out-of-hand as an "inauthentic black" any black person whose world-view differs from their own. The insidious racist axiom here is that, "all blacks think alike," a laughably ridiculous concept that civil rights leaders would be quick to condemn if they were said by a conservative.

When Samuel Alito was nominated to the U.S. Supreme Court in 2005, the editorial staff of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel called for more diversity in the high court and declared that Clarence Thomas doesn’t count as black (he "deserves an asterisk because he doesn't represent the views of mainstream black America."). To the left being black isn’t about race it’s about political beliefs. And the left is very intolerant of any minority who doesn’t reside in their ideological plantation.

After Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's death in 2016[1], Congresswoman Karen Bass (D-Calif), indicated that Clarence Thomas wasn't an authentic black when she demanded that Scalia's replacement should be black, so as to give the Court an "African-American voice" which she said was lacking since Thurgood Marshall's time. “I think many people would like to see an African American on the Supreme Court,” Bass declared.

While discussing the views of Thomas Columbia University professor of African-American Studies and political scientist Manning Marable decided that "ethnically, Thomas has ceased being an African American"

From the podium of the 1995 National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) convention Thomas was repeatedly called a "pimp" and a "traitor" to the black community. The late Rev. Joseph Lowery of the Southern Christian Leadership Council (SCLC) intoned, "I have told [Thomas] that I am ashamed of him, because he is becoming to the black community what Benedict Arnold was to the nation he deserted; and what Judas Iscariot was to Jesus; a traitor; and what Brutus was to Caesar; an assassin."

The late columnist Carl Rowan snidely remarked that, "if you give Thomas a little flour on his face, you’d think you had [former Klansman] David Duke." Former San Francisco mayor Willie Brown called Thomas not only "a shill for the most insidious form of racism," but someone who's views are "legitimizing of the Klu Klux Klan." Brown added that Thomas should be shunned and "shut out" by the black community.

Jesse Jackson proclaimed that Thomas was an "enemy of civil rights" and likened Thomas to a member of the Ku Klux Klan asserting that, "At night, the enemies of civil rights strike in white sheets, burning crosses ... By day, they strike in black robes."

Georgetown professor and MSNBC regular Michael Eric Dyson declared on Martin Bashir in 2013 that Thomas is "a symbolic Jew has invited a metaphoric Hitler to commit holocaust and genocide upon his own people." The host, Martin Bashir (who would shortly resign after calling for someone to [vulgar term for defecate] in Sarah Palin's mouth) simply responded to this slur with a calm "thank you."

The November 1997 cover of Emerge magazine depicted Thomas as a smiling lawn jockey next to the caption: “Lawn Jockey for The Far Right.” Inside was artwork that depicted Thomas as a shoeshine boy for Justice Antonin Scalia. George Curry, who was editor-in-chief of Emerge, defended the drawings because he said they weren’t as bad as others he had seen or as bad as some remarks about Thomas he had heard. Imagine how far that defense would go if a conservative magazine had Obama depicted as a shoeshine boy for George Soros.

In 2014 Congressman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss) called Thomas and other black conservatives "Uncle Tom[s]." When asked to clarify his remarks in light of the fact that the term is regarded racist, Thompson brushed it off saying it was legitimate because he isn't liberal and "voter ID, affirmative action, Affordable Care Act -- all those issues are very important and for someone in the court who’s African American and not sensitive to that is a real problem."

The late author and feminist activist June Jordan characterized Thomas as a "virulent Oreo phenomenon," a "punk-ass," and an "Uncle Tom calamity." Movie director Spike Lee called Thomas "a handkerchief-head, chicken-and-biscuit-eating Uncle Tom."[2]

USA Today columnist and "Pacifica Radio" talk show host Julianne Malveaux[3] related her feelings toward Thomas on a 1994 episode of To the Contrary: "I hope his [Thomas’] wife feeds him lots of eggs and butter, and he dies early, like many black men do, of heart disease ... He’s an absolutely reprehensible person." How dare he be black and a conservative! He needs to die.

Interestingly, liberals openly despise Thomas because of his mixed race marriage. Thomas, who's wife is white, has been attacked on these grounds by liberals multiple times over the years.

Russell Adams, chairman of the Afro-American studies department at Howard University (America's most prominent black institution of higher learning) told the Washington Post, "His marrying of a white woman is a sign of his rejection of the black community. Great Justices have had community roots that served as a basis for understanding the Constitution. Clarence’s lack of a sense of community makes his nomination troubling." In defense of this the chairman of Howard's political science department, Ronald Walters, declared that he was sick and tired of hearing about the emergence of "black male conservatives who have exhibited a tendency toward interracial marriage." He then snidely added, "White conservatives are [Clarence Thomas's] ideological bedfellows, and his white conservative wife is literally his bedfellow."

Wow.

But that is hardly all.

Former U.S. Court of Appeals Judge the late A. Leon Higginbotham declared during a speech at New York University that Thomas is paving the way for the reinstituting white supremacy and asserted that his conservative views are a symptom of "racial self-hatred." He then went on to offer proof of his diagnoses -- that Thomas is married to a white woman. This, Higginbotham, said is evidence that Thomas "hates black women."

USA Today columnist Barbara Reynolds attacked Thomas for having married a white woman: "It may sound bigoted; well, this is a bigoted world and why can’t black people be allowed a little Archie Bunker mentality? ... Here’s a man who’s going to decide crucial issues for the country and he has already said no to blacks; he has already said if he can’t paint himself white he’ll think white and marry a white woman."

In February 2014, State Rep. Alvin Holmes (D-AL) said of Justice Thomas: "I don’t like him at all because he’s an Uncle Tom." Earlier Holmes explained, while on the floor of the Alabama House of Representatives, that he disliked Thomas because "he’s married to a white woman."

1. After the death of Antonin Scalia the "Twitterverse" absolutely lit up with liberals wishing that Thomas would die soon.

2. Lee once declared that Michael Williams was an "Uncle Tom" who needed to be "dragged into the alley and beaten with a Louisville Slugger" for promoting race-neutral scholarships while serving as a senior official in the Bush Administration's Department of Education.

3. who took particular delight in referring to white males as "white boys" and told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer shortly before the first July 4th after 9/11 that, “I don’t celebrate the Fourth of July. I get up in the morning and read Fredrick Douglas’, “The Meaning of the Fourth of July to the Negro” and then I grouse for the rest of the day" and who had earlier told the Washington Post that "it’s ridiculous for black Americans to recite the Pledge of Allegiance because its words are nothing but a lie. Just a lie."
                      Looks like this needs to be re-posted since it got the leftists here all so worked up in their studious effort to dismiss it without actually addressing anything it says.
                      Maybe since all that was just the vile the left vented toward only 3 blacks who had the audacity to leave the liberal plantation I should add a couple of other examples

I guess I could include General Colin Powell. Even though he became a Republican he's less a conservative and more of a maverick than the late John McCain ever dreamed of being that didn't stop liberals from savaging him[1] but I think I'd rather pick someone much more recent, folks the left have only had a couple years to demonize.

Let's start with the person mentioned in the OP: Kanye West.

When he called George W. Bush a racist, saying that he "doesn't care about black people" during a live TV broadcast of "A Concert for Hurricane Relief," he was a darling of the left, much lauded for "speaking truth to power." But boy how that has changed since he started expressing admiration for Trump.

On CNN Tonight, anchor Don Lemon implied that his pro-Trump tweets ought to be seen as evidence that West does "not "care about black people."

Apparently The Root, a website which bills itself as providing "thought-provoking commentary and news from a variety of black perspectives," pretty much made it clear that there is only one "black perspective" and like CNN's Lemon has proclaimed

The writer even wistfully relates how a friend disowned his own mother because she supported Trump, implying that this is the proper response to those who dare to set foot off the Plantation.

And entitled white elitists like Jon Favreau, who was Obama's speechwriter is straight-out ordering all good little liberals to ignore West and his radical ideas about independent thought: "Stop giving Kanye the attention he’s desperate for"

The Washington Post published a story with the headline "Kanye West fell for the worst black Republican sales pitch there is. Here’s why" and proceeded to attack him for what they declare is a myth -- for leaving the Democrat Plantation -- while Slate is now trying to link him to the "Alt-Right" because of his support for Trump (remember folks, anyone who has the temerity to disagree with the left is automatically a Nazi and the like )

Over on his radio show on New York's WQHT (a.k.a., "Hot 97") Ebro in The Morning, (where West first mentioned his "love" for Trump,) the host Ebro Darden proclaimed that West no longer had any right to even mention anything about the black community. Darden also said he was too rich now to talk about "black victimhood" -- something he's never said about other rich black musicians like Beyoncé, Snoop Dog or any of the others that often speak up on political issues[2].

Ta-Nehisi Coates, a national correspondent for The Atlantic declares that "Kanye West wants freedom—white freedom" resurrecting the charge that if you don't think in a particular way then you aren't legitimately black.

Likewise the New York Times went after West insinuating that the bond between him and Trump (which apparently goes back several years) is a sign that his mental health is now up for debate[3] saying things like "those in the rapper’s orbit expressed concern for his well-being because Mr. West’s online interaction with the president" (which they linked to the recent firing of his manager) and that his wife is now concerned over his mental health -- which is a bald-face lie from the "Gray Lady" since in reality she is steadfastly defending him (calling him a "free thinker") and slamming the MSM for saying this somehow proves he's insane.[4]

Still, this was the tactic taken by a lot on the left including sports writer Molly Knight who Tweeted: "Mental illness doesn’t care if you are rich or famous. Kanye has battled serious health issues for a long time and I wish him the best. Trump is not his friend."

While on a CNN panel hosted by Don Lemon (mentioned earlier), where Kanye was routinely called a "token" and a "Negro" while the host laughed, CNN Political Commentator and a contributor to ABC News, Tara Setmeyer, after calling Kanye a "token Negro" herself proclaimed "Not to trivialize mental health issues, [but] obviously Kanye has taken a turn in a very strange way."

Likewise, Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn tweeted "It’s nice to see black people and white people coming together to be complete freaking lunatics" while Emmy winning actor Jeffrey Wright (who describes himself as "part-time actor, full-time kook, full-time #resistance" was a bit more direct: "If you think Donald Trump is a good alternative to anything, you're out of your [misspelled f-bomb] tree."

This apparently caused psychologist and talk-show host Dr. Phil McGraw to, while a guest on NBC's morning gab-fest The View to complain that it's unfair to try and diagnose Kanye West with mental illness based on his new pro-Trump tweets.

After he appeared on Saturday Night Live wearing a red "Make America Great Again" hat SNL cast member Alec Baldwin (just how does a 60 year old who's been on TV and in movies since 1980 qualify for "The Not ready For Prime-Time Crew" of up and comers?) called it a "betrayal."

Fellow rapper Snoop Dog called him an "Uncle Tom [word for a donkey][n-word] (he has called Kanye an "Uncle Tom" previously for his support of Trump)." He also went on DJ Suss One's show on Sirius XM and went on a rant that so full of expletives that I can't even begin to clean it up. When the host of the show informed Snoop Dog that his listeners didn't like it when the show turned into a political critique, he shot back "Well you need to know that a lot of your fans is racist. Ain't no [F-bomb] way around it."

Earlier this year Snoop Dog posted pictures of Kanye in his MAGA hat with the cation "That’s mighty white of u Kanye. ![n-word] if u don’t snap out of it Get out part 2." Similarly he posted a photoshopped image of Kanye on his Instagram account, making him look white, with the caption: "The new. Kanye well allwhite [sic] now way to go dude."

He's pretty much implying that he better get back on the Plantation since only whites appear to be allowed to support a Republican.

As media critic Clay Waters noted, "It’s as if the liberal press and Twitterati truly think it’s verboten for one solitary member of the fame class to voice any positive thought toward a candidate of one of the two major U.S. parties who earned 63 million votes on the way to winning the country’s presidency. Chance the Rapper, a friend of West, had to remind everyone that “Black People don’t have to be Democrats”."

Since I spent so much time on Kanye West I'll be much briefer on the second one, Sen. Tim Scott (R-SC), the first black senator to be elected from the southern United States since 1881, and who because he is a Republican (so was the last black Senator from the south) has been repeatedly called a race traitor, "Uncle Tom" etc. by liberals.

Adolph L. Reed Jr., a professor of political science at the University of Pennsylvania, described him twice in a New York Times Op-Ed as a "token." Similarly NAACP President Benjamin Jealous attacked Scott shortly after he became a Senator as a "token" and declaring that Scott knows nothing about and is opposed to civil rights which he backed up by simply saying that Scott is a conservative Republican which is now tantamount to opposing "civil rights" as defined by liberals these days.

When he announced that he'd support Jeff Sessions for Attorney General Scott was labeled "a disgrace to the black race" called "Uncle Tom Scott," "a house negro like the one in Jango" and "a big Uncle Tom piece of fertilizer" (Scott actually read some of the comments on the Senate floor noting he excluded all the ones where he was called the n-word).

Andy Ostroy, a Political and Pop Culture Analyst at Huffington Post, attacked Scott calling him nothing more than a "black ... manipulated prop" at a ceremony celebrating the passage of the Republican tax relief bill ignoring the fact he was there due to being instrumental in writing the bill and a key player in getting it passed in the Senate.

There ya go. A whole lot more examples of how the left treats blacks if they don't conform to how they proclaim that blacks are permitted to think and act.

1. for instance, aside from being called a "spearchucker" by the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Metro columnist Sam Fullwood, the singer Harry Belafonte, the "King of Calypso," infamously alluded to Colin Powell as being a "house nigger" which blacks like the celebrated author Walter Mosley. applauded.

2. His mother-in-law Kris Jenner, a hard-core Hillary supporter, made a big fuss over wanting to make sure that everyone knows that West lives in a house worth $60 million, not $20 million like he had said -- as if that matters.

3. There are many actions that one could point to in West's past which might lead one to wonder about him but they picked his friendship with Trump

4. In a tweet Kim Kardashian wrote:

To the media trying to demonize my husband let me just say this… your commentary on Kanye being erratic & his tweets being disturbing is actually scary. So quick to label him as having mental health issues for just being himself when he has always been expressive is not fair.

And
                      Yesterday it was announced that Kanye had parted ways with some business people and media outlets made this about Kanye’s mental health. Rather than just a simple business decision. So I’m glad he tweeted about the state of his company and all of the exciting things happening

Seems like in the second one that she had the New York Times specifically in mind.
                      Last edited by rogue06; 10-17-2018, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• 00000000000000ar1aaa2hx2.jpg

smiley hat tip.gif to seer for that one

Comment

• 44199706_2109763902388486_3955551097342394368_n.jpg
                          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• 00000000000000ar1aaa2hx.jpg

Comment

• I'm always still in trouble again

Comment

• 00000000000000ar1aaa2hc.jpg

Comment