Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illegal fireworks over LA

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Illegal fireworks over LA

Does my heart good!

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

2. Amen The Melody Maker amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yay. I heard some about the celebration of freedom. May people's hearts be focused on freedom, on independence again. I heard smaller but loud fireworks in my area. I was filling up gas while a sheriff's deputy was. I was seeing if he was inclined to seek out the source. He didn't seem inclined.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Yay. I heard some about the celebration of freedom. May people's hearts be focused on freedom, on independence again. I heard smaller but loud fireworks in my area. I was filling up gas while a sheriff's deputy was. I was seeing if he was inclined to seek out the source. He didn't seem inclined.
    We live just outside the city limits*, on a hill, and have a commanding view of the countryside around us. From ALL DIRECTIONS we could see various fireworks displays - some of them pretty impressive.

*Fireworks are not allowed in city limits.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I read a comment elsewhere today that said "It's a shame when being proud of our Independence Day is suddenly a bad thing"

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Were fireworks banned altogether or only in city limits?

Were they cancelled because of weather? Because of covid? Because of rioting? Because of not wanting to set off any more riots?

I don't understand..........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post

Were they cancelled because of weather? Because of covid? Because of rioting? Because of not wanting to set off any more riots?

Some states, like North Carolina, I believe, totally ban them. Most other places they seemed to be banned in city limits.

We have a "fire ban" from time to time, if it's been too dry, no open burning OR fireworks.

As long as the "fire ban" is not "on", they can be used outside city limits.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post

The weather was perfect. The general bans of professional fireworks and personal fireworks was supposed to keep people form gathering too closely -- that was at least what they were saying.

Like CP just mentioned. There are localities where there are bans in California. This is often due to the possibility of starting brush fires.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    The weather was perfect. The general bans of professional fireworks and personal fireworks was supposed to keep people form gathering too closely -- that was at least what they were saying.
    Ah, so that was actually Covid related!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Ah, so that was actually Covid related!
    Right. Because of coronavirus, we are not supposed to have fun.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Several years ago, when fireworks were banned in a county in which I lived, there was a guy who LOVED doing fireworks, and he would buy the BIGGIES.

So, he fixed up the bed of his pickup truck as a mobile fireworks platform, and would drive from neighborhood to neighborhood doing a "shoot and scoot".
    It was kind of a fun thing, because if the cops showed up, nobody knew where he went or what color truck or ... "gosh, I don't know, he was here, then he was gone!"