X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
    Both of these guys are accurate.
    Yep...
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      Racism is racism. The difference, IMO, is only degree.
      I have yet to see, outside of the lamebrain leftist press, anybody claiming that President Trump is racist. Now President Obama, that's a different story.
      When I Survey....

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
        I have yet to see, outside of the lamebrain leftist press, anybody claiming that President Trump is racist. Now President Obama, that's a different story.
        Actually - there is a lot of such information. It begins with his treatment of tenants in the 1990s and 2000s. It continues with the claims of his comments made during the apprentice - and those audio/video files are technically owned by Trump and he won't, of course, make them public. And it continues with his public statements, in which he did not decry white supremacists, insisting that those standing against racism were as culpable as the racists themselves, and took stances against people on the basis of their race/ethnicity. As the father of a multiracial family, I know racism when I see it. I don't need a score card.

Trump is a racist man. I have no questions in my mind about it.
        Last edited by carpedm9587; 03-31-2018, 04:09 PM.
        The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

Actually - there is a lot of such information. It begins with his treatment of tenants in the 1990s and 2000s. It continues with the claims of his comments made during the apprentice - and those audio/video files are technically owned by Trump and he won't, of course, make them public. And it continues with his public statements, in which he did not decry white supremacists, insisting that those standing against racism were as culpable as the racists themselves, and took stances against people on the basis of their race/ethnicity. As the father of a multiracial family, I know racism when I see it. I don't need a score card.

Trump is a racist man. I have no questions in my mind about it.
          I'm very familiar with his dealings with Vera Coking in Atlantic City, and I'm a strong supporter of private property rights. That's why , as I stated, I'm certainly no fan of Donald Trump.

But I know how the mass media loves to drum up false charges of racism against conservatives.

Like a recent photo of Trump's staff: nearly all white. Unlike Obama's staff, which was more proportional to the racial statistics in America. Who cares!!! I hope Trump's selection was more according to education, ability, and political leanings. But I suspect Obama's was looking at a person's race, in opposition to Martin Luther King's dream.
          When I Survey....

Comment

• Perhaps we can agree to keep actual discussion about politics in Civics in stead of in here.

Thanks.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faber View Post
              I'm very familiar with his dealings with Vera Coking in Atlantic City, and I'm a strong supporter of private property rights. That's why , as I stated, I'm certainly no fan of Donald Trump.

But I know how the mass media loves to drum up false charges of racism against conservatives.

Like a recent photo of Trump's staff: nearly all white. Unlike Obama's staff, which was more proportional to the racial statistics in America. Who cares!!! I hope Trump's selection was more according to education, ability, and political leanings. But I suspect Obama's was looking at a person's race, in opposition to Martin Luther King's dream.
              I care. While I believe we should be getting the best people for the job, I simply do not believe that the best people are mostly white and male. And if is IS true that the best are white and male, I believe more is to be gained by distributing our highest offices across the gender, political, and racial spectrum than narrowly focusing them on a group that is so clearly skewed to white, republican, and male.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                Perhaps we can agree to keep actual discussion about politics in Civics in stead of in here.

Thanks.
                How on earth do you expect to keep a political discussion out of a thread called "funny political pictures thread?"

Comment

How on earth do you expect to keep a political discussion out of a thread called "funny political pictures thread?"
                  Its more about the pictures in the "funny political pictures thread" and less about discussion

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Put it in pictures as you were doing quite nicely. Turn the dialogue to the Civics Forum, not hard at all.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                      Put it in pictures as you were doing quite nicely. Turn the dialogue to the Civics Forum, not hard at all.
                      Ahh...I see. sorry about that. My bad.

Comment

And it continues with his public statements, in which he did not decry white supremacists, insisting that those standing against racism were as culpable as the racists themselves
                        Complete and utter BS. I'm genuinely horrified at how malinformed even politically active people are. Assuming you actually believe this and isn't just part of your routine smear job.
                        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• 7a382c14b9351e02d069b7e9002fd5f50900eca5ced28aa0c9acd406659dd3c9.jpg

Comment

• 8e1c5fe5a5868a965d43100ab58ceb4749be516f6f8108373f402c20c13fa05a.jpg

Comment

And it continues with his public statements, in which he did not decry white supremacists, insisting that those standing against racism were as culpable as the racists themselves
                              Complete and utter BS. I'm genuinely horrified at how malinformed even politically active people are. Assuming you actually believe this and isn't just part of your routine smear job.
                              "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• 0000000000000a7a.jpeg

And

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment