This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10395668_web1_180129_EDH_0130-guns-sack_M.jpg
    The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by carpedm9587 View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]27361[/ATTACH]
      What the heck is that even trying to convey?
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        That the USA is on a treadmill/hamster wheel with regards to various types of shootings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          That the USA is on a treadmill/hamster wheel with regards to various types of shootings.
          ...which means, what? America runs on bullets?
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

...which means, what? America runs on bullets?
            That the USA is going to see such mass shootings repeatedly until we get off the hamster wheel.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]27356[/ATTACH]
              Just in case anyone wants to claim "fake news"

https://twitter.com/sensanders/statu...008256?lang=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Just in case anyone wants to claim "fake news"

https://twitter.com/sensanders/statu...008256?lang=en
                And think how such a move would likely devastate an economy and what effect that would have on people's lives. Sorry, no money to build that new hospital. Sorry, no money to repair the roads leading to the hospital. Sorry, your loved one didn't make it to the hospital.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I interpret it to mean Uncle Sam is on a hamster wheel with respect to gun-related violence, churning from one mass shooting to another and nothing being accomplished to address the issue.
                  The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy...returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Martin Luther King

I would unite with anybody to do right and with nobody to do wrong. Frederick Douglas

Comment

• 8ac5845938af8daa1d9d5f4f6df9708e75b8c9a73c3bb34ae0e45bace3f6ecd0.jpg

sigpic

Comment

And think how such a move would likely devastate an economy and what effect that would have on people's lives. Sorry, no money to build that new hospital. Sorry, no money to repair the roads leading to the hospital. Sorry, your loved one didn't make it to the hospital.
                      This is an oft repeated Republican trope. I have not seen a single thing to suggest it has to happen that way. Renewables is an industry. We shifted from carriages to cars without "destroying the economy." We shifted from gas to electricity without "destroying the economy." We pushed companies to stop polluting our rivers and streams without "destroying the economy." I see no reason that we cannot shift from fossil-fuels to renewables without "destroying the economy." Change will come with some disruption - but it doesn't have to "destroy the economy." Indeed, it doesn't even have to destroy fossil-fuel companies. They are the best positioned to shift to a renewable energy source and capitalize. Put the manufacturing plants where coal miners and oil drillers/refiners are being put out of work and you can do a lot to minimize the pain, perhaps even improve quality of life.

Comment

• probably posted before, but whatever

trump border.jpg
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• trump faa appointment.jpg
                          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

• Moderated By: Sparko

Please stop debating in the funny pictures thread

You can make an occastional comment but this is not the place to pick a fight or to debate.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                            Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Moderated By: Sparko

Please stop debating in the funny pictures thread

You can make an occastional comment but this is not the place to pick a fight or to debate.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                              Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Open a "Funny Political Picture Thread" debate thread?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Open a "Funny Political Picture Thread" debate thread?
                                It's called, "Civics 101"

Comment