Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A discussion methodology thread proposal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A discussion methodology thread proposal.

A discussion between only two persons.

A two thread discussion.

Each thread would be a single simple question by one person in the discussion where the other person only answers in that thread.

One thread, person 'A' asks a single question. Person 'B' gives his answer to that question.
    Second thread, person 'B' asks a single question. Person 'A' gives his answer to that question.

So one thread is the thread where person 'A' can only ask one question per post. And person 'B' can only give his answer.
    The second thread is the thread where person 'B' can only ask one question per post. And person 'A' can only give his answer.

A next question must wait for an answer before the next should be asked.

Questions cannot be loaded questions. Must be simple not complex.
    No accusations or name calling.

OBP would you find this format exceptable to you to have a one on one discussion between us?
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

huh????????????????

I dont get it. If A asks and B answers then B asks and A answers in one thread, why do you need more than one thread?

Are you saying each thread is limited to one question and one answer? two posts per thread? That is too wasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post

A two thread discussion.

Each thread would be a single simple question by one person in the discussion where the other person only answers in that thread.

One thread, person 'A' asks a single question. Person 'B' gives his answer to that question.
      Second thread, person 'B' asks a single question. Person 'A' gives his answer to that question.

So one thread is the thread where person 'A' can only ask one question per post. And person 'B' can only give his answer.
      The second thread is the thread where person 'B' can only ask one question per post. And person 'A' can only give his answer.

OBP would you find this format exceptable to you to have a one on one discussion between us?
      I love ya, brother, but I think you've gone 'round the bend. And, I'm assuming you're hoping OPB would find this format "acceptable". My guess is no.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        huh????????????????

I dont get it. If A asks and B answers then B asks and A answers in one thread, why do you need more than one thread?

Are you saying each thread is limited to one question and one answer? two posts per thread? That is too wasteful.
        No just two threads. Each one is for single questions and the others answer for that question.

If you think it would be better it can be one thread with the same rules for each person. A single question in a post by itself and the other answers before the next question being asked.

keeping it clean and simple.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          I love ya, brother, but I think you've gone 'round the bend. And, I'm assuming you're hoping OPB would find this format "acceptable". My guess is no.
          So do you think I should assume he is closed on any format for a public discussion between us?

Comment

A two thread discussion.

I find that any discussion with you becomes complex due to your ...unique approach to the interpretation of scripture. This dates from well before our dispute over the orthodoxy of your beliefs. Because of this, I am reluctant to enter into any in-depth discussion with you.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

So do you think I should assume he is closed on any format for a public discussion between us?
              Yeah, pretty much. I suspect he'll say something like...

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              I find that any discussion with you becomes complex due to your ...unique approach to the interpretation of scripture. This dates from well before our dispute over the orthodoxy of your beliefs. Because of this, I am reluctant to enter into any in-depth discussion with you.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No just two threads. Each one is for single questions and the others answer for that question.

If you think it would be better it can be one thread with the same rules for each person. A single question in a post by itself and the other answers before the next question being asked.

keeping it clean and simple.
                The latter makes more sense than a thread with just one question and one answer. At least you can have a real discussion in one thread.

Comment

I find that any discussion with you becomes complex due to your ...unique approach to the interpretation of scripture. This dates from well before our dispute . . .
                  Can you please give one such example as to what you mean.

Comment

Can you please give one such example as to what you mean.
                    Well, this one is the easiest to find. Conversing with has mostly been an exercise in frustration since at least here, however (particularly on the interpretation of one of your favorite verses, 1 Jn. 5:1).
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Well, this one is the easiest to find. Conversing with has mostly been an exercise in frustration since at least here [Re: Hebrews 10:26, . . .], however (particularly on the interpretation of one of your favorite verses, 1 Jn. 5:1).
                      Regarding Hebrews 10:26, that matter is still an open question for me. My study regarding it is not yet done.
                      Your problem with my citing 1 John 1:5 is not presented here in your comment.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X