Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

My predicament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know getting a job could help me show them hiw much I have matured.

If I can show them that level of responsibility they might take me more seriously
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      One aspect of that wrt to TW's situation is that parents just don't tend to take what their children say all that seriously while they are still living under their roof. You need to show that your a mature, responsible adult before that will ever change.
      Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      You know getting a job could help me show them hiw much I have matured.

If I can show them that level of responsibility they might take me more seriously
      Posted at the same time . Okay, that was just a wee bit spooky.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Mindmeld moment.
        sigpic

Comment

Mindmeld moment.
          Ah yes. Like that Vulcan thing Dr. Who used on Frodo in Star Wars

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thank you Rogue. I need a chuckle.
            sigpic

Comment

I read proverbs today. Perhaps for the first time ever. I can not be sure. Great stuff.

Thank you for the advice cp.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank God I have brothers and sisters in faith as great as you guys.
                sigpic

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

have a serious sit down talk with your parents.

start out by asking them if they love you (they do)
                    Then tell them how you feel when they mock your faith. Tell them that if they love you they need to stop mocking your faith and trying to get you to stop believing. That you will never stop, it is part of you and you need them to give you respect if they really love you.

Comment

Sparko that is perhaps one of the best and the most risky things I have ever considered.

It aill take tome planning to pull it ofc and not have it self destruct.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sparko that is perhaps one of the best and the most risky things I have ever considered.

It aill take tome planning to pull it ofc and not have it self destruct.
                        well if you want them to respect you as an adult and take you seriously, at some point you will need to confront them about it, like an adult. Just be respectful and let them know how their negativity is hurting you and your relationship with them because you do love them and respect them and just want the same in return.

What's the worse that can happen? They laugh at you and mock your faith? They are already doing that.

Comment

I'm getting the impression that your parents are very liberal and would embrace you if you were gay accepting that it was part of who you are but cannot abide the fact that you're Christian.

Comment

You guys make some good points.
                            sigpic

Comment

My mom is not a liberal but I do get your point. She has some wacky ideas about spirituality and the bible.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I'm getting the impression that your parents are very liberal and would embrace you if you were gay accepting that it was part of who you are but cannot abide the fact that you're Christian.

That's exactly what I told Mr. mossy when I shared TW's situation with him.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X