Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Prayer Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayer Request

I meet with the lawyer in the morning - a good thing -but I'm nervous.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

What is going on? I want to pray with you.
    sigpic

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Comment

ing Teal
          3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

It went well - maybe, just maybe, better than I could have hoped.

I'll update and provide details this weekend. I should have the time and I'm tired right now.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              It went well - maybe, just maybe, better than I could have hoped.

I'll update and provide details this weekend. I should have the time and I'm tired right now.
              Get some rest, you need it.

Comment

Thanks. I got a nap this afternoon - which made me late so I will do that update thing tomorrow.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So the long, probably not awaited, update.

The meeting with the lawyer went well. I paid the first installment on the fees and for the credit report they'll need.

To keep the car, I have to be caught up - this is one of those things God had His hand on. The car, as the viewing audience may recall, was repossessed (unfairly - I did what they said do! ) again in September, wiping out what little I had set aside for the whole finding a place to live thing (more about that later). I got it back with only $169 still behind and yet another 'agreement' in place. So in late October I paid about $68 extra and Friday I paid the remaining $101! :yippee: Had it not been repossessed, I wouldn't have stood a chance of keeping it.

They still regard it as in arrears because I can't make the full payment - never mind that the 'agreement' says I don't have to pay until the 21st. But it's close enough for the moment.

In the plus (sorta) column, the lawyer says that if I can make my rent payment that will stop the eviction. Hey, it's a possibility. My bank account hurt itself laughing but it's still a positive - or was.

I got a ticket back in July (I think - I was a LOT busy this summer) about a tail light (I still can't see what they saw) that I couldn't pay. I will skip the 'how stupid can you be' part because the answer is 'very' - let's just say the problem is now very big and expensive and bad. So yeah, the usual - make progress, go back to Square One.

I have to start dealing with that tomorrow - I was afraid I'd cry so I didn't call today.

I don't do this on purpose, in case anyone is wondering. I'm just naturally moronic when I'm stressed.

Mr Bank Account is presently on life support - which will put off the other bankruptcy expense for a couple weeks (the credit counselling class) that I'd wanted to get out of the way. I'm much too attached to paying bills and groceries. Not that I get ahead - I have to call the power company tomorrow, too (which I don't understand - it's not behind yet but I have a disconnect notice ). The overtime I'd hoped for didn't happen in October (the tiny bit I did get will probably show up next pay check) and I haven't had any yet this month. So it's looking like December before any real overtime which won't show up in my checks until January. Yay...

Recorder class is going well. I'm not as good as the little kids but they have younger fingers. Besides, I'll get there. I'm the star pupil of my age group!

I think the 'God doesn't give us more than we can bear' is silly - the truth is, He doesn't give us more than He can bear when we let Him. He isn't out to break His children - not even the moronic one here. I can't handle it - never could. He can.

At the end as at the beginning, He's all I've really got.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment