Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Homeless and Our Response

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by hansgeorg View Post
    Yes.

Library cards mainly for the blogging. Tend to do at least one article per day.

Beg mornings and evenings, and sometimes do homeless shelters in mornings for meals.

Try to get a dry and calm place each night, including MILD trespassing.

I like writing. I have also made it juridically and also I hope administrationally possible to republish material from my blogs or shorter ones in entirety as this or that or sundry book. With voluntary royalties. Now you might realise why I prefer being about people willing to look at my blogs, and why my look at stats are a bit like your looks at the stock market.

FAQ on follow up:

"couldn't you blog AND work?"
    not same quality, since not same quantity;
    "would it not be better getting some experience from work before writing, first?"
    not if the thematics are other than what I could learn about by work experience;
    "is anyone reading you?"
    see discussion on stats and what they mean on my intro thread.
    (My usual answer : "here are my stats" which I gave before the discussion)

And from those who have really checked out what my offer means:
    "if anyone can print your blogs without asking and sending you money is optional, why would they send you money?"
    because some are honest and some are less honest (with optional, not sending money is not positively dishonest from a small startup) and I would be living off sum of those who are honest, not off medium or off those not sending anything back. A l s o, my problem right now does not seem to be the amount printing me and sending me no money, but the amount discouraged by various wizeacres from even trying to print my blogs or play my music.
    So basically you are unemployed and homeless because you want to be, not because you have to be?

While there are people out there who can't get work, and are homeless because they have no choice, you are out there taking money from them by begging instead of working? You seem fairly intelligent if a bit strange, and you obviously speak at least two languages: French and English. You really have no need to be homeless or beg for a living. Stop being a bum, get a job.

2. Amen One Bad Pig, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    So basically you are unemployed and homeless because you want to be, not because you have to be?
    Unemployed yes, homeless and poor no, with the readers I have, I should be able to get someone printing - unless people like you monopolise the reading, as seems to have happened here in France.

While there are people out there who can't get work, and are homeless because they have no choice, you are out there taking money from them by begging instead of working?
    I work and I beg.

The work I do is not just for begging, but also for free reading and for my future, so please it God.

The begging I do is usually on hours and nearly always on places not at same time used by other beggars.

You seem fairly intelligent if a bit strange, and you obviously speak at least two languages: French and English.
    Latin and Germanic, in more than one dialect each. French and Classic Latin the first ones of Latin, Swedish and German the first ones on Germanic, English coming in between.

You really have no need to be homeless or beg for a living.
    The moment someone starts using my work as intended, you are right.

Stop being a bum, get a job.
    With people s o unwilling to relate to my work, do you realise what a social life I could be having if taking an employment?

With people beginning to relate to my work, I would be less in need of one.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Unemployed yes, homeless and poor no, with the readers I have, I should be able to get someone printing - unless people like you monopolise the reading, as seems to have happened here in France.
    Like me? I don't read your blogs. I looked at one and found it uninteresting. Perhaps that is why nobody pays you for them? Why would they want to print them out anyway? Today most people just read things on the computer screen. I think you need to rethink your business model.

I work and I beg.

The work I do is not just for begging, but also for free reading and for my future, so please it God.

The begging I do is usually on hours and nearly always on places not at same time used by other beggars.
    What I meant is that you COULD work for a living, but choose not to have a regular job. So the money you get begging might have gone to someone else who could NOT work for a living. But instead you took the money.

Latin and Germanic, in more than one dialect each. French and Classic Latin the first ones of Latin, Swedish and German the first ones on Germanic, English coming in between.
    So you have some important skills. Get a job as a translator, or in the library where you hang out on the internet. Then you could do both writing and working for a living. To know so many languages means you are very intelligent. use it.

The moment someone starts using my work as intended, you are right.
    Like I said, you need to rethink your business model. People will not pay for what they can get for free. And they don't want to print out blogs.

With people s o unwilling to relate to my work, do you realise what a social life I could be having if taking an employment?
    What does your social life have to do with getting a job to feed yourself?
    With people beginning to relate to my work, I would be less in need of one.
    If wishes were horses...

tWebber
    Faith
    Catholic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Like me? I don't read your blogs. I looked at one and found it uninteresting.
    And someone like you took that little slip of paper I gave to his son or daughter, told the young family member to let him read it first, found it uninteresting and also "forbade" the son or daughter to read it, lest the younger person should find it interesting.

That is what I mean by monopolising the reading.

Perhaps that is why nobody pays you for them? Why would they want to print them out anyway? Today most people just read things on the computer screen. I think you need to rethink your business model.
    I was not speaking about printing out.

I was speaking about printing on books.

Turning pages beats scrolling a long computer screen up and down.

Perhaps that is why you found my blog uninteresting, if not printing out first, it would involve too much scrolling?

What I meant is that you COULD work for a living, but choose not to have a regular job. So the money you get begging might have gone to someone else who could NOT work for a living. But instead you took the money.
    That is supposing the beggar had been there that hour.

That is also supposing anyone who gives me anything sees just the beggar and no one is interested in my blogs. I think some are, and I do publicity for them.

So you have some important skills. Get a job as a translator, or in the library where you hang out on the internet. Then you could do both writing and working for a living. To know so many languages means you are very intelligent. use it.
    I am using it as a writer.

Like I said, you need to rethink your business model. People will not pay for what they can get for free. And they don't want to print out blogs.
    Once again, I was not speaking of "printing out". I was speaking of printing books with pages that can be turned. And sell and send me royalties from what they earn on it.

What they can get for free is scrolling up and down a computer screen for a long post, then clicking to continue on next post, which is also long. That is the best, if they are interested. Those who aren't will click to another one, without reading all first, then see it is long too, and feel like zappers.

A better reading experience is taking a post, see if theme seems promising, print it out, read the paper. That costs a few cents of copying expenses, perhaps half a euro, perhaps more, depending on how long the post is.

A very much better reading experience even than that is of course having the text in an actual b o o k.

What does your social life have to do with getting a job to feed yourself?
    I am feeding myself. Even if certain someone's refuse to look at my publicity for my blogs as a service. As for feeding myself even better, will if it involves social life with people like you it will not be better, it will likely be more money, but less well spent.

If wishes were horses...
    I can only say, as long as not, my chances of getting along with people at work are similarily slim.

Some of the things you and some others here have done can be considered as flaming. I don't relish the prospect of leaving bed to go to a place where I will most certainly have the real life equivalent of flaming. Because of my views.

If my blogs were read, views would change, and my social status having my views would change.

Not as in, "they aren't read", but as in they aren't yet read well enough to do their work.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And someone like you took that little slip of paper I gave to his son or daughter, told the young family member to let him read it first, found it uninteresting and also "forbade" the son or daughter to read it, lest the younger person should find it interesting.
    maybe it is a language problem but I don't understand what you said.

That is what I mean by monopolising the reading.
    um what?

I was not speaking about printing out.

I was speaking about printing on books.
    same thing. why would anyone want to print out your blog into a book?

Turning pages beats scrolling a long computer screen up and down.
    no.
    Perhaps that is why you found my blog uninteresting, if not printing out first, it would involve too much scrolling?
    no.

That is supposing the beggar had been there that hour.
    people only have so much spare money to give away. what you take is that much less they can give to someone else who needs it more.

That is also supposing anyone who gives me anything sees just the beggar and no one is interested in my blogs. I think some are, and I do publicity for them.
    which seems to be the case.

I am using it as a writer.
    well you seems to be spending a lot of time here on this site, chatting, instead of writing. you could use all the time you spend here and work at a job instead and still have the same amount of time to "write"

Once again, I was not speaking of "printing out". I was speaking of printing books with pages that can be turned. And sell and send me royalties from what they earn on it.
    nobody will do that. if you cant sell your "books" - why could they?