Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama tells illegal aliens to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    You word this like you're disagreeing with me, but that's exactly what I said: "Obama seems to be saying that if you know people here illegally then you should vote on their behalf..."
    OK, but saying '. . . on your behalf' is suspect wording.

Rogue06 is, of course, the scoundrel here.

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
      Okay, but she is obviously talking about legal citizens like herself being fearful of voting due to the fact that it may put family members who may not be legal at risk, which is the way that Obama understood it and how he answered it. She worded it awkwardly, but anyone with half a brain could figure that out if they really wanted to.
      illegally. She's asking if they should be afraid of voting because they could be deported. Obama sort of glosses over the implication of the question and says that citizens who happen to know illegals shouldn't be afraid to vote.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        OK, but saying '. . . on your behalf' is suspect wording.
        No it's not. "Behalf" means "in the interest or aid of (someone)".

Comment

It's weird because it sounds like they both weren't on the same page. The interviewer clearly phrased the question to mean illegals voting. Then it sounds like Obama either misunderstood her or revised her question in his answer. What I fault is Fox News for intentionally editing the video the way they did to get that result. I hate when networks pull that dishonest crap.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            It's weird because it sounds like they both weren't on the same page. The interviewer clearly phrased the question to mean illegals voting. Then it sounds like Obama either misunderstood her or revised her question in his answer. What I fault is Fox News for intentionally editing the video the way they did to get that result. I hate when networks pull that dishonest crap.
            Obama clearly and carefully worded his response to reflect his views and the legal position of th US government without confronting Rodriguez and her baiting question.

Both Fox News and Rogue06 are unethical scoundrels here.

Comment

NO! she is talking clear English and not Spanish. She is referring to illegal aliens that live in residence where the citizen voter lives. You most definitely need reading comprehension lessons on the elementary level.
              Oh c'mon shuny, I know what she said, but also know, just like Obama did, that it wasn't what she meant. When Obama gave his reply she was nodding in agreement which is an acknowledgment that his answer was appropriate to the question she meant to ask. Please, no one is so stupid enough to interview the president and ask him if its okay for illegal undocumented immigrants to vote. If you believe that, then you're as big a dupe as Breitbart followers.
              Last edited by JimL; 11-06-2016, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Notice the fist word, "many", in the above text. Do you actually hear that in the video? No you don't. So why did Brietbart insert it there? Perhaps it says "legal citizens, family members of millenials, dreamers, undocumented citizens..... are fearful of voting." When you know the true answer, then let us know! You guys are just to easy to con. What would Breitbart do without you?
                So, Jim, do you at least have the integrity to admit that you were wrong and that Breitbart did, in fact, quote her correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Please, no one is so stupid enough to interview the president and ask him if its okay for illegal undocumented immigrants to vote.
                  Rodriguez is a freaking actress. What in this world makes you think she isn't dumb enough to be under the impression illegals can vote? It's how she clearly phrased the question, idiot.

Comment

This really a twisted interpretation of Obama's words.
                    Coming from someone who fabricated a quote.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      So, Jim, do you at least have the integrity to admit that you were wrong and that Breitbart did, in fact, quote her correctly?

Yes, no problem, but it is obvious by watching the entire video that isn't what she meant. Thats the kind of thing Breitbart looks to exploit.

Comment

Rodriguez is a freaking actress. What in this world makes you think she isn't dumb enough to be under the impression illegals can vote? It's how she clearly phrased the question, idiot.
                        I don't even think you're quite that dumb sean, so why would I think she's that dumb. The full video and her nodding in agreement to Obama's answer to her question makes it clear to anyone without bias what she meant.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          I don't even think you're quite that dumb sean, so why would I think she's that dumb. The full video and her nodding in agreement to Obama's answer to her question makes it clear to anyone without bias what she meant.
                          No, you're assuming she meant something that isn't at all how the question was phrased. You're adding a narrative that isn't there. You're lying to yourself, and anyone that can read or hear her question knows it. She was nodding because she's a dimwit and she probably only heard the first part of Obama's answer.

Comment

No, you're assuming she meant something that isn't at all how the question was phrased. You're adding a narrative that isn't there. You're lying to yourself, and anyone that can read or hear her question knows it. She was nodding because she's a dimwit and she probably only heard the first part of Obama's answer.
                            Okay sean, believe what you will, no sweat off my back.

Comment

Yes, no problem, but it is obvious by watching the entire video that isn't what she meant. Thats the kind of thing Breitbart looks to exploit.
                              Ah, so this is one of those "I was wrong, but not really" sort of admissions. I knew you didn't have the guts to actually admit it.

Comment

Actually, Obama just admitted that he really was talking about illegal aliens voting.

Comment