Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obama tells illegal aliens to vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama tells illegal aliens to vote?

That is sure what it sounds like when he is asked a question about "undocumented citizens" voting

The person who posted this sounds like he's on a respirator or out of breath which is a tad bit distracting but Obama is saying that if you're an illegal alien and vote in the election you don't have to worry about getting caught and prosecuted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

The Democrats have worked very, very hard to make voter fraud nearly impossible to detect and prevent.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      That is sure what it sounds like when he is asked a question about "undocumented citizens" voting

The person who posted this sounds like he's on a respirator or out of breath which is a tad bit distracting but Obama is saying that if you're an illegal alien and vote in the election you don't have to worry about getting caught and prosecuted.
      Bizzaro misrepresentation of Obama. No Obama is not proposing this. If you listen carefully, Obama states, 'If you are a citizen . . . '
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Bizzaro misrepresentation of Obama. No Obama is not proposing this. If you listen carefully, Obama states, 'If you are a citizen . . . '
        No he did not.

When asked about if illegal aliens voting will be reported to immigration authorities Obama replied that, "Not true. The reason is, first of all, when you vote you are a citizen yourself and there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating etc. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential."

He said that illegal aliens don't have to be worried about being reported if they vote (illegally).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No he did not.

When asked about if illegal aliens voting will be reported to immigration authorities Obama replied that, "Not true. The reason is, first of all, when you vote you are a citizen yourself and there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating etc. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential."

He said that illegal aliens don't have to be worried about being reported if they vote (illegally).
          Exactly...
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Obama's answer is, as usual, a little confusing, but I don't think he's straight up telling illegal immigrants to vote.

Source: Breitbart

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the Millennials, DREAMers, undocumented citizens — and I call them “citizens” ’cause they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true.

RODRIGUEZ: Okay.

OBAMA: And the reason is — first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself, and there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented, especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don’t want people voting. People are discouraged from voting. And part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you’re not just speaking for yourself. You’re speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school–

RODRIGUEZ: Your entire community.

OBAMA: …Who may not have a voice. Who can’t legally vote. But they’re counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...members-voice/

© Copyright Original Source

The interviewer is rather naively asking if illegals can be deported for voting, but looking at the last sentence, Obama seems to be saying that if you know people here illegally then you should vote on their behalf, which is frankly a rather stupid admonition, but he's not saying that illegals should vote. He just sort of glosses over the implication of the question.

Yes, I'm using Breitbart to defend Obama. Let that one sink in for a bit.

Comment

Notice how the beginning of the video is cut. What she is actually asking is "if as a legal citizen, like herself, who is elligible to vote, who may have relatives that are not legal, or undocumented, votes, then will immigration come for her family. Go figure, another typical republican propaganda scam.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Obama's answer is, as usual, a little confusing, but I don't think he's straight up telling illegal immigrants to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the Millennials, DREAMers, undocumented citizens — and I call them “citizens” ’cause they contribute to this country — are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: And the reason is — first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself, and there is not a situation where the voting rolls somehow are transferred over and people start investigating, et cetera. The sanctity of the vote is strictly confidential in terms of who you voted for. If you have a family member who maybe is undocumented, then you have an even greater reason to vote.

RODRIGUEZ: This has been a huge fear presented, especially during this election.

OBAMA: And the reason that fear is promoted is because they don’t want people voting. People are discouraged from voting. And part of what is important for Latino citizens is to make your voice heard, because you’re not just speaking for yourself. You’re speaking for family members, friends, classmates of yours in school–

OBAMA: …Who may not have a voice. Who can’t legally vote. But they’re counting on you to make sure that you have the courage to make your voice heard.

The interviewer is rather naively asking if illegals can be deported for voting, but looking at the last sentence, Obama seems to be saying that if you know people here illegally then you should vote on their behalf, which is frankly a rather stupid admonition, but he's not saying that illegals should vote. He just sort of glosses over the implication of the question.

Notice the fist word, "many", in the above text. Do you actually hear that in the video? No you don't. So why did Brietbart insert it there? Perhaps it says "legal citizens, family members of millenials, dreamers, undocumented citizens..... are fearful of voting." When you know the true answer, then let us know! You guys are just to easy to con. What would Breitbart do without you?
                Last edited by JimL; 11-06-2016, 02:17 PM.

Comment

No he did not.

This really a twisted interpretation of Obama's words.
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    Notice the fist word, "many", in the above text. Do you actually hear that in the video? No you don't. So why did Brietbart insert it there? Perhaps it says "legal citizens, family members of millenials, dreamers, undocumented citizens..... are fearful of voting." When you know the true answer, then let us know! You guys are just to easy to con. What would Breitbart do without you?
                    First of all, did you even read what I wrote? Because it really seems like you didn't.

Secondly, the video posted in the OP is obviously truncated, unless you think she started her sentence with the word "of". If you visit follow the following link, you can find the full video where she clearly says exactly what Breitbart posted in their transcript (the transcript starts around the 2:29 mark):

http://www.popsugar.com/latina/Gina-...-Mitu-42664193

Finally, you're not doing anything to alter the impression that you're a moron.

Comment

No he did not.

No, he said that legal citizens who vote can represent their illegal relatives who cannot vote, and have no fear that immigration will come and deport any illegals at your residence, because you as a citizen voted. Read the whole interview.

Your biased misrepresentation of the interview is dishonest and unethical and represents Trump's methods of smearing people who oppose him.

Source: http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/11/06/obama-latinos-vote-give-undocumented-family-members-voice/

OBAMA: They can’t stop you from voting. If people want to know how to vote, then you can go to iwillvote.com. The fact of the matter is that we give our power away all the time. You know, we tell ourselves, “it’s hard, it’s not gonna matter, it’s not gonna count.” And the powers that be, they’re counting on us giving our power away.

He specifically refers to a 'citizen' who votes.
                      Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-06-2016, 02:44 PM.

Frank

Comment

First of all, did you even read what I wrote? Because it really seems like you didn't.

Secondly, the video posted in the OP is obviously truncated, unless you think she started her sentence with the word "of". If you visit follow the following link, you can find the full video where she clearly says exactly what Breitbart posted in their transcript (the transcript starts around the 2:29 mark):

http://www.popsugar.com/latina/Gina-...-Mitu-42664193

Finally, you're not doing anything to alter the impression that you're a moron.
                        Okay, but she is obviously talking about legal citizens like herself being fearful of voting due to the fact that it may put family members who may not be legal at risk, which is the way that Obama understood it and how he answered it. She worded it awkwardly, but anyone with half a brain could figure that out if they really wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Okay, but she is obviously talking about legal citizens like herself being fearful of voting due to the fact that it may put family members who may not be legal at risk, which is the way that Obama understood it and how he answered it. She worded it awkwardly, but anyone with half a brain could figure that out if they really wanted to.
                          NO! she is talking clear English and not Spanish. She is referring to illegal aliens that live in residence where the citizen voter lives. You most definitely need reading comprehension lessons on the elementary level.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-06-2016, 03:17 PM.

Frank

Comment

No, he urged citizens to vote to represent the views of others in the household.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              No, he urged citizens to vote to represent the views of others in the household.
                              You word this like you're disagreeing with me, but that's exactly what I said: "Obama seems to be saying that if you know people here illegally then you should vote on their behalf..."

Comment