Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Comey: No New Charges!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    What would be the reason to go against protocol, announce to Congress you found a batch of new emails not knowing what the emails even contain, take heat from the public, the DOJ, and even Obama for doing it, then close the case a week later? It doesn't make sense. If you argue Comey was being political and trying to help Trump, this obviously backfired since he exonerated her before election. Arguing he announced it to initially help Hillary doesn't make sense either because he initially exonerated her the first time, thus taking all this heat was unnecessary. It doesn't make any sense as not a conspiracy lol.
    If it was a conspiracy at all, which i don't believe it was, it certainly wasn't done to help Hillary. Prior to the notification to Congress she had a bigger lead in the polls but more importantly so did Congressional democrats and that lead has evaporated. You should be happy about that.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Comey: No New Charges!
      Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

All I know is that if this doesn't prove the system is rigged then nothing will.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          If it was a conspiracy at all, which i don't believe it was, it certainly wasn't done to help Hillary. Prior to the notification to Congress she had a bigger lead in the polls but more importantly so did Congressional democrats and that lead has evaporated. You should be happy about that.
          She's a hero with 1 day to go. It'll be the last thing on peoples' minds. Not that she mishandled classified information. Not that she broke some 18 laws and regulations. Not that she lied through her teeth about it. Not that her "I apologize for it" is merely her apologizing for getting caught. Just that the collusion between Lynch and Comey resulted in no charges being brought.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
            Apparently a lot of the e-mails were just copies of the previous ones. You can use a computer to find all the duplicates, which could reduce the workload dramatically and leave far fewer e-mails that need to be manually looked at.
            Not in a matter of days. Compare scripts take time, and comparing 650,000 records individually to 35,000 others takes some tremendous computing power and quite some time.

Honestly though, I don't think there's a conspiracy here. They looked at the e-mails, didn't find anything more incriminating than they had before. However incorrect someone may think the original decision not to indict Hillary was, if there's not anything extra to substantiate an indict, the original decision stands.
            For now. Should an independent counsel get involved and reopen the investigation, they could bring charges against her. As long as she hasn't been tried once for them, the window is never truly closed.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              She's a hero with 1 day to go. It'll be the last thing on peoples' minds. Not that she mishandled classified information. Not that she broke some 18 laws and regulations. Not that she lied through her teeth about it. Not that her "I apologize for it" is merely her apologizing for getting caught. Just that the collusion between Lynch and Comey resulted in no charges being brought.
              And what's being under-reported is that the investigation into the Clinton Foundation is still ongoing. Some people think that was Comey's real goal when he ostensibly reopened the investigation, to distract people from the "pay-to-play" scandal that is brewing.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                It was in direct conflict with the policies of the DOJ, of whom he answers to.
                Actually, no. The Director of the FBI serves at the President's leisure, and answers to him alone.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                  I'd like to know how Weiner got all those e-mails, though. Sounds suspicious on his part. He's a pretty suspicious guy all around.
                  Weiner did not necessarily get nor read the emails, unless he knew his wife's password. Weiner's computer was likely used to access his wife's email account by her. Regardless of the emails being on the computer, because they were opened on the computer, you cannot access the the emails unless you know the password.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    Weiner did not necessarily get nor read the emails, unless he knew his wife's password. Weiner's computer was likely used to access his wife's email account by her. Regardless of the emails being on the computer, because they were opened on the computer, you cannot access the the emails unless you know the password.
                    I can access every profile on my home computer. You are making several assumptions here that you are ignorant on, Frank.
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I can access every profile on my home computer. You are making several assumptions here that you are ignorant on, Frank.
                      We ar enot talking about profiles here, we are talking about email accounts. You cannot access an email account without the password.

Comment

Actually, no. The Director of the FBI serves at the President's leisure, and answers to him alone.

They get appointed to a ten year term but the President can remove them as Bill Clinton did to William Sessions when he dismissed him for using an FBI plane to visit his daughter and having a security system installed in his home at government expense when he was five and a half years into his term.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          All I know is that if this doesn't prove the system is rigged then nothing will.
                          Well . . . at present there is nothing to demonstrate the election is rigged now nor when Bush beat Gore. It can be easily justified that our election system is highly flawed, because of the Electorial College system, but rigged?!?!?!, that is a bogus challenge of the likely poor looser. It is mathmatically possible that the election will be under Solomon's cleaver in the end, and controversial as in the Bush-Gore race.

Of course, if Trump wins by a narrow margin he will no longer claim the election was rigged.

Comment

We ar enot talking about profiles here, we are talking about email accounts. You cannot access an email account without the password.
                            Just shut up Frank. You don't know anything about computers.
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Just shut up Frank. You don't know anything about computers.

Comment

Ok. Just to show AGAIN that you're an idiot...

If they were merely talking about an email account, those are not stored on the local computer. There were 650,000 emails STORED on the laptop, which means they were already downloaded to the local computer, which eliminates the necessity to access the email account at all. At best, it was an Outlook profile .pst file, which is still accessible without a password

So just stop. You are frustratingly ignorant, and unwilling to acknowledge facts from those who know better.
                                That's what
                                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment