Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pro-life teen defiant after alleged attack by feminist professor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone remember the Modest Proposal? I didn't realize it was satire when I first read it, but...
    why throw away something that could be a scrumptious meal? In fact, why not pay women to get pregnant just so we could have a "delicacy"...
    ick... I'm no Johnathan Swift.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

The first clue would be 'Jonathan Swift' - Satire is his middle name...
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
        In the other thread, it wasn't obvious - Cere thought the same thing. Here, it was glaringly obvious...

But you'll get it eventually.

We're not Soylent Green'ing the thing, either....
        Indeed, disgusting. But some mothers do eat the placenta . Which is pretty gross.

Comment

The first clue would be 'Jonathan Swift' - Satire is his middle name...
          It was back when I hadn't heard of him, give my teenaged self a break.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            It was back when I hadn't heard of him, give my teenaged self a break.
            You'd never heard of Gulliver?
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
              That's the out-of-state premium, on top of the in-state $12,192.

That's the dorms and food card rate, the most expensive option.

So the actual tuition is around $12k, boosted by Graham and Bozell to $57k. These folks cannot be trusted to give straight numbers.

As ever, Jesse
              Most parents I know tend to figure in the other expenses the school charges as "tuition" -- things like books, fees and if they are required to stay in a dorm the cost for that as well. "Fees" alone tack on another $24,558 which includes a tuition fee.

Would you have been happier if they said something like "Isn't anyone wondering what kind of education parents are buying for the $57,055 that the university charges per year?" rather than "Isn't anyone wondering what kind of education parents are buying for the $57,055 annual tuition?"

And does any of this nit picking somehow justify what the professors did and the university essentially turning a blind eye toward it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Most parents I know tend to figure in the other expenses the school charges as "tuition" -- things like books, fees and if they are required to stay in a dorm the cost for that as well. "Fees" alone tack on another $24,558 which includes a tuition fee.

Would you have been happier if they said something like "Isn't anyone wondering what kind of education parents are buying for the $57,055 that the university charges per year?" rather than "Isn't anyone wondering what kind of education parents are buying for the $57,055 annual tuition?"

And does any of this nit picking somehow justify what the professors did and the university essentially turning a blind eye toward it?
                Yes! Because Poisoning the Well is a valid means of political debate...

Never mind, couldn't do it with a straight face....

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  Ok, do you think that changes the other "facts" of the case?

The hyperbole "parting shot" seems to have become the norm in reporting now days...
                  The hyperbole makes the rest of the claimed facts suspect. I don't count bloggers as reporters, in any case.

Right - so substitute 'cost' for 'tuition' and problem solved. It's fairly common for people to refer to the overall cost as 'tuition' when it isn't technically so.
                  It's also common to use a median measure.

But why assume an innocent explanation when it's more fun to wage a smear campaign, right?
                  Worst case scenarios don't appear by accident.

As ever, Jesse

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Most parents I know would tell the kid to attend an in-state school rather than pay an extra $20k for out-of-state tuition. Or find an off-campus apartment and chill for a year to establish residency.

What is it with you that causes your arithmetic skills to short-circuit when your politics don't like the answers?

In any case, Women's Studies courses aren't required for anything other than Women's Studies majors, so the answer is ... "Why are you even asking that question?"

Wait, you're saying someone other than the blogger is nit-picking?

You're an amusing man, rogue06.

As ever, Jesse

Comment

Update: Professor Miller-Young pled no contest to charges of battery, vandalism and grand theft and was therefore convicted. She will be sentenced on August 14.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

One big advantage of the social media age....no arguing with the video evidence.
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Miller-Young later claimed she had a “moral right” to act in the manner she did, according to a report filed by campus police.
                          "Professor Miller-Young is not currently teaching any courses and is not scheduled to teach any courses during the fall quarter," Foulsham wrote in a statement to FoxNews.com on Friday.

Miller-Young, who remains employed by the university, and her attorney, Catherine Swysen, did not respond to requests for comment.
                          She was on university property when she stole and destroyed someone else's property ... assaulted the person ... claims she had a "moral" right to do so ... and she is still on the payroll.
                          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                          Scripture before Tradition:
                          but that won't prevent others from
                          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

http://www.independent.com/news/2014...t-battery-cas/

there was a followup article from another source saying she's asking for community service, but I won't link to it because the source uses hostile language about Miller.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X