Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Stein: Clinton Will Lead Us To Nuclear War...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Dude, it was hyperbole for a terrible unimaginable situation. A country can't die for petesake. I have to spell that out for you? The point was that I doubt a superpower will sit back and watch its military devastated by the destructive weapons we have today without resorting to desperate means, particularly when it has the means to strike back with equal or greater devastating results. We're in a completely different era than conflicts of the past.
    Countries can die; the people can be invaded and eliminated or absorbed, they can fracture into pieces...it happens. It's not likely to happen with a country as big as the US, China, India, or Russia, but it can happen.

I don't have any way of telling what is hyperbole to you and what isn't. So much of what you say is so far off into conspiracy theorist land I have no footing from which to judge. I have a pretty big distaste for hyperbole, anyway. It never adds to a conversation.
    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
      Right, like, MAD isn't exactly the best, but it's not like Russia wants a shooting war with the US any more than we do and they are well aware of the gaps between our first strike capabilities.
      Yeah, if it ever got that far, I expect it'd be a result of some proxy war or another.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
        Countries can die; the people can be invaded and eliminated or absorbed, they can fracture into pieces...it happens. It's not likely to happen with a country as big as the US, China, India, or Russia, but it can happen.

I don't have any way of telling what is hyperbole to you and what isn't. So much of what you say is so far off into conspiracy theorist land I have no footing from which to judge. I have a pretty big distaste for hyperbole, anyway. It never adds to a conversation.
        Get bent. And I'd like to know how concerns for war is a conspiracy theory, you freak.

Comment

Get bent. And I'd like to know how concerns for war is a conspiracy theory, you freak.
          You routinely engage in near MM levels of conspiratorial nonsense Sean. Concern for war isn't enough, dude, because you need to have solid justification for that war being not just possible but likely and imminent otherwise its just paranoid fear mongering

Comment

If two nuclear superpowers go to blows, it's going to eventually lead to a nuclear conflict. The weapons today are too destructive for one or the other side to concede defeat in a peaceful manner. It's going to be to the total death of one of the countries, and no country is going to allow its military to be utterly wiped out without pushing the button at that point.
            Nobody is going to go on a suicide mission, Sean.

Using WMD's against a country that has comparable ICBM's and other weaponry is not a good idea. The US military not only has comparable technology to the rest of the world, it possesses superior technology. IF the Russians ever pushed the button (which they wouldn't) they would be outclassed if things went all out in complete show of arms - which would never happen.

Comment

Correct, because we never went to physical blows. I also don't recall the circumstances being remotely the same, much less the leaders in charge.
              Ever hear of the U2 spyplane incident, The Bay of Pigs, or the Cuban missile crisis? None of those things ever led to any kind of conflict. You know why? Even then, the Soviets would have been beaten into the ground. In the late 1960's we had five times as many warheads, five times as many ICBM's, we beat them to the Moon while the N1 was plagued with problems, and all of our technology was much more reliable and accurate.

Lets. Get. Real.

Comment

Man, what is it about having a Democrat in the White House that makes conservatives want to treat our military like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                  You routinely engage in near MM levels of conspiratorial nonsense Sean. Concern for war isn't enough, dude, because you need to have solid justification for that war being not just possible but likely and imminent otherwise its just paranoid fear mongering
                  Conspiracy has nothing to do with this discussion though, so I just assume it as an ad hom insult. I actually assumed either one of you idiots had at least basic knowledge of what's gong on in Ukraine and Syria. I should have assumed you didn't when you mentioned a proxy war in place of direct engagement between US and Russia. We already are on the level of proxy wars in Ukraine and Syria between Russia and US/NATO.

Comment