Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump's economic dilemma

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Of course it is always easier to destroy something than it is to build it back up
    Which is why I have no clue why Trump wanted the job. I believe he's honestly sincere, but he walked into an economic meat grinder... an impossible situation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Which is why I have no clue why Trump wanted the job. I believe he's honestly sincere, but he walked into an economic meat grinder... an impossible situation.
    Difficult? Yes. Complex? Indeed. Impossible? No.

I'm always still in trouble again

3. Amen Cerebrum123, Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Difficult? Yes. Complex? Indeed. Impossible? No.
    It's impossible for him to achieve what his supporters expect him to achieve because the situation that has been created for the last decade. Best case scenario for the economy is that things will continue as they have -- a stagflation type scenario -- only with much more inflation in the real economy in that equation. There's going to be a huge letdown in the making, and that's the best case scenario. What I fear, even in the best case scenario, is that society is already on the edge when it comes to erupting, then you add to that the fact that MSM is going to continue to fuel that rage...

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It's impossible for him to achieve what his supporters expect him to achieve because the situation that has been created for the last decade.
    He's a politician now. He should be able to get away with just trying.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    He's a politician now. He should be able to get away with just trying.
    The purpose of the thread is to focus on the economy from a realist perspective. It's not a thread to bash Trump. The situation would have been just as dire if Hillary came into office. Though Schiff did point out that picking Trump might have been the better choice for us in the aftermath of it all.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Peter Schiff is probably the only one I've heard that lays out all the issues in one video...

Just to be clear, he voted for Trump. His actual economic analysis in relation to Trump is at around 9:00. It's a complex issue, so I'll try and summarize it as simply as I can later when I have time.
    Let's just hope he doesn't run the country the same way he ran many of his businesses.
    Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The purpose of the thread is to focus on the economy from a realist perspective. It's not a thread to bash Trump.
    How am I 'bashing Trump'? He made a bunch of campaign promises - as all politicians do - and the reality of the office hits, and they can't do as much as they thought they could, even if they were sincere and honest about intending to do so.

The situation would have been just as dire if Hillary came into office. Though Schiff did point out that picking Trump might have been the better choice for us in the aftermath of it all.
    I think Hillary would have been a much greater disaster.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Thinker View Post
    Let's just hope he doesn't run the country the same way he ran many of his businesses.
    The point Schiff was making was that it essentially doesn't matter what he does or how he does it, as the economic circumstances he entered into itself dictate the outcome.

I wish people would watch the video first, or maybe they just don't understand what Schiff is saying in the video, which is why I tried to simplify it in post# 2 the best I could? Though I did see some grammatical errors I made, so maybe that's throwing people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    How am I 'bashing Trump'? He made a bunch of campaign promises - as all politicians do - and the reality of the office hits, and they can't do as much as they thought they could, even if they were sincere and honest about intending to do so.

I think Hillary would have been a much greater disaster.
    I was just reiterating the fact that I wasn't bashing Trump. I sort of got the sense people were getting a bit defensive.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Btw, carnage in the bond market continues. Whether this is a sign of the bond market bursting or not, it's something I warned about here. It's not really Trump's fault though, as these bubbles were already ripe for the pricking. The three bubbles to keep an eye on is the stock, bond, and derivative bubbles.

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by the thinker View Post
    let's just hope he doesn't run the country the same way he ran many of his businesses.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    the purpose of the thread is to focus on the economy from a realist perspective. It's not a thread to bash trump. The situation would have been just as dire if hillary came into office. Though schiff did point out that picking trump might have been the better choice for us in the aftermath of it all.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?