Announcement

Collapse

Ecclesiology 201 Guidelines

Discussion on matters of general mainstream Christian churches. What are the differences between Catholics and protestants? How has the charismatic movement affected the church? Are Southern baptists different from fundamentalist baptists? It is also for discussions about the nature of the church.

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and theists. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions. Additionally, there may be some topics that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine that may be more appropriately placed within Comparative Religions 101.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Bring a gun to church: the kiss of peace or politics as usual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    I'm happy to report back that neither of my kids have any recollection of this obscure Dark Exeggutor Pokémon character. Hopefully that indicates a nontoxic level of exposure.
    That's a great relief. One kid from one of my previous churches was practicing his karate kicks in the parking lot of our Church, and negligently kicked out the tail light of my classic 53 Olds Ninety-Eight Supreme. He was a known Pokemon card collector.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm happy to report back that neither of my kids have any recollection of this obscure Dark Exeggutor Pokémon character. Hopefully that indicates a nontoxic level of exposure.
      Have you checked recently?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Have you checked recently?
        No, I'm not that big a fan of Hockey...
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
          No, I'm not that big a fan of Hockey...
          But if you go to a fight, there's always a chance a hockey game can break out!

Comment

Don't forget, he was also an artist. I'm no expert, and could be wrong, but I think one can pretty easily find progressive and conservative elements in his personality, political platforms and execution thereof. But getting back to your view, is it because progressives supposedly know at some level that Hitler was also a progressive, they have to demonize him as a conservative, and (therefore) have a more visceral reaction to him?
            Its really hard to comfortably place Hitler into a niche in the political spectrum. He was a strong supporter of state-controlled education and advocated for universal health care (at least for the groups he liked) but cracked down hard on unions. For healthy Aryan women he outlawed abortion but for Slavic women he strongly encouraged it. He was no friend of free enterprise preferring that the government direct the economy but still allowed businesses to make a healthy profit. And he definitely was opposed to gay rights sending them to concentration camps

I'm not that certain about Hitler but many of the Nazis in high leadership position were strong environmentalists and wanted to ban animal testing and hunting as well, but turned around and banned some organizations advocating environmentalism and animal protection

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the most obvious "progressive" link: Hitler's views on eugenics were more extreme than anything hitherto seen, but were certainly based on views in vogue in some progressive circles early in the 20th century. Trying to place him on an (especially American) political spectrum seems rather like a waste of time though.
            From all that I've read on the subject there was a good deal of support for eugenics among conservatives as well.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am all in favor of carrying concealed at church. Or open carry for that matter. One day it may be needed.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X