Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Time to quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to quit?

I've got a husband (we've been married just over a year) on now lowered level of chemo who is dealing with a lot at work, physical therapy (that I am taking a break from this week and am beginning to wonder how much it is helping daily paid buildup), work changes coming up, a test I need to take and pass for work, and I'm barely passing this tough class with a tough professor (and the midterm was the week after my husband was back in the hospital for a few couple days on sudden notice when I thought we were done with that stuff). I have approximately 24 hours to withdraw from with a W vs. one month left to the final that would bring me one semester closer to a professional goal so I can start saving my own money instead of saving my husbands. I'm somewhere between trying to give everything and ready to give up, and I have 24 hours before it's pass or fail. I'd really like to not waste this time, but I don't know how to do any of this [in life that is].
    Last edited by Ana Dragule; 11-13-2016, 01:01 AM.
    I am become death...

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
      I've got a husband (we've been married just over a year) on now lowered level of chemo who is dealing with a lot at work, physical therapy (that I am taking a break from this week and am beginning to wonder how much it is helping daily paid buildup), work changes coming up, a test I need to take and pass for work, and I'm barely passing this tough class with a tough professor (and the midterm was the week after my husband was back in the hospital for a few couple days on sudden notice when I thought we were done with that stuff). I have approximately 24 hours to withdraw from with a W vs. one month left to the final that would bring me one semester closer to a professional goal so I can start saving my own money instead of saving my husbands. I'm somewhere between trying to give everything and ready to give up, and I have 24 hours before it's pass or fail. I'd really like to not waste this time, but I don't know how to do any of this [in life that is].
      Can you talk to your professor about the situation? I was in the middle of being arrested for homeschooling, at the same time I was signed up for some college courses. I went in to tell my professors I needed to quit, and 3 of them insisted I stay in, and they'd work with me. I only had to withdraw from one class.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This professor brought up withdrawing to me after I dropped what happened to my husband. She said that she would try to help me get her class at the affiliated college next year if I wanted. The C word was my way of Reinforcing my participation credit. The hospital stay was my reason for missing the class before the test that goes with a chapter on the next test.
        Last edited by Ana Dragule; 11-13-2016, 06:51 AM.
        I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
          This professor brought up withdrawing to me after I dropped what happened to my husband. She said that she would try to help me get her class at the affiliated college next year if I wanted. The C word was my way of Reinforcing my participation credit. The hospital stay was my reason for missing the class before the test that goes with a chapter on the next test.
          I have a feeling that, in your heart of hearts, you know what you need to do. Is that true?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I have a feeling that, in your heart of hearts, you know what you need to do. Is that true?

I've done a lot before and am ok with a C, so not entirely.
              I am become death...

Comment

Unless a C prevents you from your post grad goals or you're not sure you can hold onto the C, it sounds like you want to finish more than you want to drop out and try for the higher grade, so go for it.

But you might wanna think about scrapping a bit off your plate right now - an extra semester is not the end of the world and it sounds like you've bigger fish to fry.

Whatever you chose, let God lead you, and remember we love you.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

You are right that I would rather finish the class. C is passing, so I doubt that would be a problem. I need to get 15% higher on the next two tests (70%) to pass. Homework grades were good, just took a long time, so I want to do the study guide questions too. I skipped physical therapy appointments this last week and next. It am trying to observe muscles For my next appointment.. Also thinking of skipping church a couple sundays over the next month (it's 3-4.5 hour commitment)
                  Last edited by Ana Dragule; 11-13-2016, 01:49 PM.
                  I am become death...

Comment

Try visiting a nice Methodist church - or Baptist, although they can run long, they don't usually. Worship is more important than most folks realize so find an hour long service if you can.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment