Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

What do you want to do at the amusement park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Better have wet wipes or know where you can wash off your hands because they're gonna end up being sticky
    Not until after the cotton candy.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Not until after the cotton candy.
      While a staple at every fair, I can forego the cotton candy and fill up on stuff I like better.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        While a staple at every fair, I can forego the cotton candy and fill up on stuff I like better.
        I've had a gastric bypass and I can't fill up on cotton candy.

Caramel apples are a different story,.. Oh, and did I mention funnel cake?
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

What is wrong with you people? All this talk about amusement parks and you leave out the main attraction.

I'm talking about benches. I've ridden benches at Silver Dollar City and Six Flags St. Louis. When I get some vacation time built up I plan on going to Tennessee. I hear Dollywood has a bench that has to be sat on to be believed.

My biggest regret is not hounding my parents harder to take me to Dogpatch USA when it was open. Some of my classmates went back in the 80s. They did a bit of a tease when talking about their trips, leading off with all of the filler stuff such as Frustratin' Flyer and Earthquake McGoon's Brain Rattler, then when you started to lose interest they hit you with the good stuff. All they would say, however, was that they sat on it. They wouldn't answer any questions, they just mentioned sitting on the bench to wait for a parent or sibling to return from the restroom, and they'd move on to more filler. Those must have been some mighty fine benches for them not want to spoil the thrill by describing it.

You have to be careful when waiting in the line for a bench. When I went to Six Flags I saw the line and figured I'd grab a nap on Mr. Freeze to give it time to shrink a bit. Well, I strapped in and dozed off, then when the guy came around to wake everyone up and unstrap us I saw that the line had tripled. My heart sank because I didn't think I'd get my shot at the bench before my church group left, but even though the rest of my group gave up hope and settled for lesser forms of amusement such as roller coasters, I persevered and right at the last second I was able to take my well deserved seat on that bench. And it was spectacular.

When I retire I'm going to get me an RV and go on a tour. There are more amusement parks out there, more benches to sit on, and I ain't about to give up on my dream of sitting on at least one bench in every park.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatty Arbuckle View Post
            What is wrong with you people? All this talk about amusement parks and you leave out the main attraction.

I'm talking about benches. I've ridden benches at Silver Dollar City and Six Flags St. Louis. When I get some vacation time built up I plan on going to Tennessee. I hear Dollywood has a bench that has to be sat on to be believed.

My biggest regret is not hounding my parents harder to take me to Dogpatch USA when it was open. Some of my classmates went back in the 80s. They did a bit of a tease when talking about their trips, leading off with all of the filler stuff such as Frustratin' Flyer and Earthquake McGoon's Brain Rattler, then when you started to lose interest they hit you with the good stuff. All they would say, however, was that they sat on it. They wouldn't answer any questions, they just mentioned sitting on the bench to wait for a parent or sibling to return from the restroom, and they'd move on to more filler. Those must have been some mighty fine benches for them not want to spoil the thrill by describing it.

You have to be careful when waiting in the line for a bench. When I went to Six Flags I saw the line and figured I'd grab a nap on Mr. Freeze to give it time to shrink a bit. Well, I strapped in and dozed off, then when the guy came around to wake everyone up and unstrap us I saw that the line had tripled. My heart sank because I didn't think I'd get my shot at the bench before my church group left, but even though the rest of my group gave up hope and settled for lesser forms of amusement such as roller coasters, I persevered and right at the last second I was able to take my well deserved seat on that bench. And it was spectacular.

When I retire I'm going to get me an RV and go on a tour. There are more amusement parks out there, more benches to sit on, and I ain't about to give up on my dream of sitting on at least one bench in every park.
            That must have been one awesome bench to have a line for it. Around here, it is the most underrated ride around and one is nearly always available.

You should have started taking pictures of some of these and posted them as a collection of amusement park benches you have ridden.

PS: Not nearly as exciting but if the benches have long lines I suggest leaning against a fence as a temporary alternative. I know. It's like getting a hotdog when you wanted a T-bone, but some times that's just how the cookie crumbles.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Fatty Arbuckle View Post

The gas for the RV will cost you more than a luxury hotel room, complete with padded benches.

Comment