Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The philosophy and scientific evidence of the cosmology of origins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    No, he's suffering from dementia. In his head, it all makes sense, and he thinks he's perfectly fine. This is common for those who are suffering this affliction.
    So then how would you know whether or not you yourself are suffering from dementia.

Comment

Originally posted by Duragizer View Post
      I wonder if a single one of Shuny's threads have ever managed to avoid rounds of personal attacks and battles of egos.
      There is a long history here since I have been with Tweb since soon after it was founded.

I believe my threads and posts are coherent and reasonable. Some in science like those involved in climate change have been highly informative and constructive, despite some sniping by vindictive trolls. I may or may not be always right, but there are those that occupy themselves with nothing more than personal attacks and other fallacies, and do not respond to topic of the thread. Accusations like dementia are unjustified and probably violate Tweb ethics.

I have provided legitimate academic source on science, philosophy (such as the Stanford Dictionary of Philosophy), and theology, and responses have not provided coherent counter arguments in many cases, and instead resort to fallacious personal attacks.

Careful, your tag describes you as a Christian agnostic. When I described my belief as a Baha'i agnostic the Tweb oligarchy responded to my philosophical skeptical view that all fallible human beliefs are open to questioning including my own, the Baha'i Faith, with a dogmatic royal decree that I am forced to designate my faith as 'agnostic' on Tweb. When I cited references to Christian agnosticism from the internet they were rejected as contradictory and not a viable choice.
      Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-28-2016, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
        So then how would you know whether or not you yourself are suffering from dementia.
        Well, it's quite unusual for dementia to strike at my age. I know of a single relative (and that by marriage) who suffered from it. People at work are happy with the way I'm performing, and not even my ideological opponents here have suggested that I'm suffering from any such thing. Shunya is the only person here whom I suspect suffers from it, so it's not like I'm just using it to impugn my opponents.
        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Well, it's quite unusual for dementia to strike at my age. I know of a single relative (and that by marriage) who suffered from it. People at work are happy with the way I'm performing, and not even my ideological opponents here have suggested that I'm suffering from any such thing. Shunya is the only person here whom I suspect suffers from it, so it's not like I'm just using it to impugn my opponents.
          Suspect I suffer form dementia is a slanderous scapegoat accusation that is unfounded. You are definitely using it to impugn me, without evidence. You do not know me nor my mental state. This is only one of a series of harassment techniques I have endured in my history on Tweb.
          Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-29-2016, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Suspect I suffer form dementia is a slanderous scapegoat accusation that is unfounded. You are definitely using it to impugn me, without evidence. You do not know me nor my mental state. This is only one of a series of harassment techniques I have endured in my history on Tweb.
            I'm not interested in harassing you, Shuny (or anyone else, for that matter).
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I don't always agree with Shunya or his way of handling disagreement, but this is just low.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                I don't always agree with Shunya or his way of handling disagreement, but this is just low.
                I'm sorry that you see my honest opinion as "just low."
                sigpic

Comment

He may have his moments of being stubborn and twisting peoples words, but I've seen no indication of him suffering from dementia, and I don't think you honestly have either. I think you're saying this to be hurtful and to hit below the belt.

Comment

I'm not interested in harassing you, Shuny (or anyone else, for that matter).
                    Then stop the harassment!

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                      But your "honest opinion" is not based on evidence.
                      "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

• More evidence on the possible existenc of a multi-verse cosmos.

Source: http://www.scienceworldreport.com/articles/52519/20161121/scientists-uncover-cosmic-clue-big-bang-suggest-many-universes.htm

The detection of a cosmic barcode in a supermassive black hole suggests that one of the four essential forces of nature is constant across the galaxy. The discovery made by Australian researchers is reportedly helping to build the picture of the Big Bang cosmology, just like an intricate piece of a jigsaw puzzle.
                        According to the research team from the Swinburne University of Technology and University of Cambridge, a distant quasar located beyond the Milky Way has electromagnetism readings that have the same strength as that found on our planet.
                        "Except for gravity, electromagnetism controls nearly everything around us, from every atom, to light, to how sound travels through the air, why we do not fall through the floor - the list goes on," Professor Michael Murphy from Swinburne was quoted by the Herald Sun. "So the constancy of electromagnetism's strength is a hugely fundamental assumption in our knowledge of everything. But it is an assumption, and one we must test, which is what we have done.
                        According to The Adviser, Murphy goes on to explain the phenomenon. The idea that the Big Bang and our universe are just one among many was also looked into and that in other universes the power of electromagnetism might be different, which perhaps makes life impossible there.
                        Incidentally, the four known fundamental forces of nature are electromagnetism, gravity and weak and strong nuclear forces. The professor also adds that the relationship of electromagnetism to the other three fundamental forces of nature is something beyond scientists' current understanding of physics at the moment.
                        Quasars are celestial objects that eclipse the galaxies that contain them due to their immense brightness, a result of being powered by black holes up to 1 billion times the mass of the Sun. The researchers found that the electromagnetism in the galaxy, where the quasar being studied is located, was within one part per million same as found here on Earth.
                        The scientists could make comparisons by observing the object's light traveling to Earth with the help of the European Southern Observatory's Very Large Telescope spectrograph and a 3.6 m telescope in Chile, in the course noticing that aspects of it were absorbed by the galaxy's gas 8 billion years ago and casting shadows at certain colors in the process.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment