Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

What superpowers would you like to have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to be able to do like the two witnesses in Revelation -- totally burninate with fire from my mouth anyone that tries to hurt me for proclaiming the Gospel.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
      I want to be able to do like the two witnesses in Revelation -- totally burninate with fire from my mouth anyone that tries to hurt me for proclaiming the Gospel.
      Trogdor!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Trogdor!
        You know him well.
        http://www.homestarrunner.com/trogday.html
        ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

• At first I thought that was a pretty neat idea, but God gets glory from our sufferings.
          Bible Questions on The Theology QA.

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you Matthew" 7:7

Comment

• Originally posted by flowers92 View Post
            At first I thought that was a pretty neat idea, but God gets glory from our sufferings.
            I hear that from time to time. Is there a specific Scriptural basis for it?
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Hmm... how about the power to find whatever is missing? Missing keys, missing remote, missing wallet, missing pet, missing child, etc. That would be a useful ability for search and rescue teams to have. And one could add on the ability to always successfully rescue that which was lost unharmed.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Hmm... how about the power to find whatever is missing? Missing keys, missing remote, missing wallet, missing pet, missing child, etc. That would be a useful ability for search and rescue teams to have. And one could add on the ability to always successfully rescue that which was lost unharmed.
                The secret is that everything is in the last place you look for it, so just go there first.

Comment

• Hmm. A fascinating question.
                  Lots of cool superpowers.
                  Time stopping. (Za Warudo)
                  Super strength
                  I would probably pick either flight or time stop. So much potential.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWall View Post
                    Hmm. A fascinating question.
                    Lots of cool superpowers.
                    Time stopping. (Za Warudo)
                    Super strength
                    I would probably pick either flight or time stop. So much potential.
                    You just want to pants a bunch of people don't you? Come on, admit it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Hahaha.
                      sigpic

Comment

• The power to bump threads! There is too much seriousness goin' on!
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Reality warping could be fun.
                          sigpic

Comment

• If you think about it, technology gives us superpowers.

For example we can talk to people anywhere in the world at any time. Kinda like telepathy or something right?

We can fly to another country.

We can speed through the streets at speeds over 40mph.

We can use microphones to hear things far away and telescopes to see things far away. Not to mention TV.

We can stop bullets with a vest

We have super memory because we can record things and listen and watch them at any time with our phones.

We are super geniuses because we can look up any fact with the internet. Usually about cats.

Comment

• Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                              Crispy bacon is not totally evil, but squiggly* bacon is practically divine, even divine if one is a pantheist. Crispy bacon is a good argument against pantheism.

*Technical term.
                              Sausages are needed for the baconitude of bacon to be fully realised. As Max Planck so rightly said, "Bacon without sausage is lame, sausage without bacon is blind".

My superpower would be that of making everyone love cats.

Comment