Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 97 of 97

Thread: JPHolding considers me a nut - that is why I am here

  1. #91
    tWebber Adrift's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,935
    Amen (Given)
    5339
    Amen (Received)
    4855
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You have 36 blogs?

  2. #92
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,276
    Amen (Given)
    168
    Amen (Received)
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    You have 36 blogs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrift View Post
    The signature links to three theme blogs in apologetics. There is a page on each of them linking to all three.
    1) Creation vs Evolution (guess what portion of Bible)
    2) somewhere else (since that is where Tim O'Neill asked me to preach to atheists)
    3) Great Bishop of Geneva (against Reformation in its various forms, but recently also against Vatican II).

    Then there is my blog of 4) musicalia (compositions, some music theory)

    Then there are my three main blogs, increasingly just bilingual English/French
    5) deretour (2008 to 2012, 633 messages)
    6) Trivium, Quadrivium et cætera (2011 - 2013, 400 messages)
    7) New blog on the kid (2013 to present, 900+ messages)

    Then there are blogs related to media where previously written
    8) Assorted retorts (English, forums and youtube comboxes)
    9) Répliques assorties (same in French)
    10) Antworten nach Sorte (same in German)
    11) Correspondentia (email exchanges, all languages)
    12) HGL's FB Writings (facebook statuses of myself or friends leading to debates, all languages)

    Then there are language specific blogs:
    13) På svenska og på dansk på Antimodernism (Swedish and Da/No)
    14) Auf Deutsch auf Antimodernism
    both Swedish and German being better known to me, but less known to most readers than French and English
    15) En lengua romance en Antimodernism y de mis caminaciones
    (Spanish, Italian, Latin, other weaker languages, like Polish and Lithuanian, all weaker than French and English + narrative and poetry - it includes my transscript of Bishop Tempier's 1277 Paris condemnations in Latin, according to the systematisation by someone who noted the theses were condemned Parisius et in Anglia - in Paris diocese and all dioceses of England back then)

    Above were continued after MSN Group Antimodernism went down

    16) En français sur Antimodernism

    The fifty messages I had written in French before the MSN Groups went down, not continued since later French writings are on main blogs

    Since some language specific blogs make reference to the MSN Group

    17) MSN Group Antimodernism in memoriam, where I complain about Bill Gates shutting MSN Groups down in 2009 and publish English items from them which don't fit Assorted retorts better

    Then there are more theme specific blogs:

    18) Recipes from Home and Abroad (and practical tips too - all languages)
    19) gmb1lou (mainly on French/Belgian comics and in French)
    20) haiku (French only)
    21 - 25) on my Pilgrimage to Santiago in 2004, also in French, 17 messages and dates per blog (wanted to make each blog fairly overseeable)

    Two more blogs in Swedish:
    26) Troget och gratis - material so urgent I ask no remuneration for its copying, and where only conditions is not to change the text (includes two kind of 17th C Lutheran style hymns, except they are Catholic in content)
    27) vecka vij - a challenge blog which was never responded to and therefore abandoned.

    28) One finished blog in Swedish and English : Litavisk kulturhistoria - transferred from the MSN Group and it was an Academic, third semester paper, with lots of acknowledged copypasting from three sources, two encyclopaedic one other, and my own text in between as joining the two others.

    As with the pilgrimage, I thought it was worth a separate blog.

    29) another blog called "deretour" which links in alphabetic order to the many labels of my main blog so called, and to labels in the musicalia blog, the recipes blog and in gmb1 lou - if you know what you look for and don't know where to find it, and if it is on any of these four blogs, you will find a redirect to it's proper label here.
    30) Vivlijohrafika - listing and linking to online material related to my inspirations (GKC among others)

    31) a blog with very little content : on the first message I proposed to conduct interviews - no willing interviewees showed up, but it is about survivors having gone through a certain French low grade intermediate camp in Villeneuve St Georges
    32) a blog where I was trying to compare the contents of two catechisms, a Roman Catholic and a Russian Orthodox one, Trentine Catechism and Philaret of Moscow Catechism (the latter inspired the structure of Pope St Pius X's) - it contains the commandments of the first tablet, with the two very similar comments, except that RC considers honouring parents as belonging to second tablet and divides differently - it also has pages, where I link to First Council of Toledo and to that Ukrainean Mariologist who considers Palamas as believing what RC's believe - and explains how the Skirzhal made a difference
    33) other blog with non-own content, Palaeocritti back up blog - actually, it was not necessary to make one, if palaeocritti.com is no longer theirs, you can still arrive there with same other specifications and google site palaeocritti - my last message on blog celebrates fact the content survived even if I hadn't had time to copy all to my back up blog, and give the new adress.

    34) Φιλολoγικά/Philologica - all things philological, from AD history of ideas to early post-Flood and pre-Flood reconstructable or per tradition history
    35) Latinitatis morphologia simplificata - doesn't mean I simplify the endings, only the space the paradigms take on a paper. Sure, a Latin noun has 6*2 forms, but the plural forms has two obligatory syncretisms, sure, Latin verbs have 4 and a half regular and some irregular verb conjugations, but each tense/mood has "maximally four divergent ways" of forming it (I screwed that one on II audeo, irregular eo, IV audio, since II -ent 3pl differs in formation from -eunt/-iunt of the two others) - also contains a page with some very simple lessons in syntax, simply translating well known songs into Latin prose, by literal rendering.

    36) There is a blog which is also a kind of a junk blog - in my own view (I know some of my critics would consider more than one of above such).

    It originated as an extreme short blog to test a readabiluty test.

    The readability test is there no more, my test showed its unreliability.

    Then I saved short links parallel with full links on it - but my favourite url burners from back then went down.

    Now I reuse it is solution messages for quizzes or sudokus.

    So, why don't I just put all on one blog? Well, with near 5000 posts, having different blogs helps limit the search on each, if you see which is the right one. Favouring readers of long standing, of course.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

    Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

  3. #93
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,276
    Amen (Given)
    168
    Amen (Received)
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    You are welcome. The reason we don't allow personal links in the message body itself is because if there ends up being something wrong with the link, we would have to go through and edit every post with that link, but if it is in the signature, then if we have to change it, we can just change it in the signature block and it changes it everywhere.
    I think you are identifying three different problems.

    1) Most common : citing a post, but linking only to entire blog.

    If you linked to HGL's FB Writings, but not specific post back in "dimanche 2 décembre 2012", you would still a few days be very well placed to see the article "My Innocence About the Vice of Curiosity", since it was published that day, but from "mardi 4 décembre 2012" a little less so, since I then added on top of it "Oscar Wilde and Perry Lorenzo" and by now it would be hopeless to find what I referred to back then if I only linked to blog. If instead I link to specific message (a somewhat longer url, one which makes url burners feel welcome), this problem disappears.

    2) Second most common : the payment runs out for a paid site.

    Up to beginning of this year, you could find Tupuxuara on:
    http://www.palaeocritti.com/by-group...uria/tupuxuara

    Now this doesn't work, because the team behind the site only paid for up to this year.

    But the part http://www.palaeocritti.com was a paid shortcut to an adress still functioning, since for free:

    https://sites.google.com/site/palaeocritti

    So, Tupuxuara can now as previously still be found on

    https://sites.google.com/site/palaeo...uria/tupuxuara

    3) Least common, someone actually changed the url of his blog.

    Now, one problem I don't think you were primarily thinking of is 404 - no such page found on blog or no such blog found. Because that is a problem with sites which are not identifiable as blogs. Sites that are professional in apparent nature. Edit: also.
    Last edited by hansgeorg; 12-02-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

    Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

  4. #94
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,011
    Amen (Given)
    1949
    Amen (Received)
    12156
    Quote Originally Posted by hansgeorg View Post
    I think you are identifying three different problems.

    1) Most common : citing a post, but linking only to entire blog.

    If you linked to HGL's FB Writings, but not specific post back in "dimanche 2 décembre 2012", you would still a few days be very well placed to see the article "My Innocence About the Vice of Curiosity", since it was published that day, but from "mardi 4 décembre 2012" a little less so, since I then added on top of it "Oscar Wilde and Perry Lorenzo" and by now it would be hopeless to find what I referred to back then if I only linked to blog. If instead I link to specific message (a somewhat longer url, one which makes url burners feel welcome), this problem disappears.

    2) Second most common : the payment runs out for a paid site.

    Up to beginning of this year, you could find Tupuxuara on:
    http://www.palaeocritti.com/by-group...uria/tupuxuara

    Now this doesn't work, because the team behind the site only paid for up to this year.

    But the part http://www.palaeocritti.com was a paid shortcut to an adress still functioning, since for free:

    https://sites.google.com/site/palaeocritti

    So, Tupuxuara can now as previously still be found on

    https://sites.google.com/site/palaeo...uria/tupuxuara

    3) Least common, someone actually changed the url of his blog.

    Now, one problem I don't think you were primarily thinking of is 404 - no such page found on blog or no such blog found. Because that is a problem with sites which are not identifiable as blogs. Sites that are professional in apparent nature. Edit: also.
    wrong on all three counts. By "wrong" with it, I mean it links to a site that we don't want to link to for internal reasons, like it is advertising something, like the blog itself, or a book. Or it contains profanity, or any other number of problems. When that happens in a signature block link, we can merely edit out that one link and it is removed from all posts from that member. If he went around posting links in the posts themselves, we now have to go around finding every post and editing every post one at a time. A lot more work for our mods.

    So we allow links to personal sites or advertising a book someone wrote only in the signature block unless specific permission is given to a member from the staff. We also don't allow links to other forums.

  5. #95
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,276
    Amen (Given)
    168
    Amen (Received)
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    like it is advertising something, like the blog itself, or a book.
    But on my blogs I do advertise: "Feel free to reprint and to edit collections of my essays! (link to conditions)"

    On the one one called Assorted retorts, there is also a lot of profanity, since some of my atheist opponents have been a bit free with their language (not direct blasphemy, that I have edited out, I think).
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

    Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

  6. #96
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    25,011
    Amen (Given)
    1949
    Amen (Received)
    12156
    Quote Originally Posted by hansgeorg View Post
    But on my blogs I do advertise: "Feel free to reprint and to edit collections of my essays! (link to conditions)"

    On the one one called Assorted retorts, there is also a lot of profanity, since some of my atheist opponents have been a bit free with their language (not direct blasphemy, that I have edited out, I think).
    so are you TRYING to get us to disallow your link in the signature block?

    1. we don't consider your "feel free to print" as a problem as long as you only keep that link in your signature
    2. If your link goes directly to pages with strong profanity, we will disallow it. If it is buried and takes some digging to get to, then that is OK.

  7. #97
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Faith
    Catholic
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,276
    Amen (Given)
    168
    Amen (Received)
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    so are you TRYING to get us to disallow your link in the signature block?
    No, just asking myself how disingenious you can be once you know the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    1. we don't consider your "feel free to print" as a problem as long as you only keep that link in your signature
    OK, wonderful!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    2. If your link goes directly to pages with strong profanity, we will disallow it. If it is buried and takes some digging to get to, then that is OK.
    It doesn't.

    This one is not my debate blog, but my apologetics against atheism blog, meaning I give bad tempered atheists lots less air time on this blog than on the debate blog.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

    Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •