Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

JPHolding considers me a nut - that is why I am here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      well stop it. Just stop it.
      I remember when it came out, but never thought much about it, but this really such a clever skit. We need more Bob Newhart in our lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        I remember when it came out, but never thought much about it, but this really such a clever skit. We need more Bob Newhart in our lives.
        good advise for the anti-trump protesters.

Comment

May I interrupt to remind it is my presentation thread and I am not a Communist or anti-Trump protester? I am a Catholic and for my part not a quitter.

Not meaning I take cues from people seasoning them with "don't be such a quitter" - as if I were one.

I am also a writer, and if I screw up a detail, I fix it.

http://filolohika.blogspot.fr/2016/1...rimph-and.html
          http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
            May I interrupt to remind it is my presentation thread and I am not a Communist or anti-Trump protester? I am a Catholic and for my part not a quitter.

Not meaning I take cues from people seasoning them with "don't be such a quitter" - as if I were one.

I am also a writer, and if I screw up a detail, I fix it.

http://filolohika.blogspot.fr/2016/1...rimph-and.html
            Hans, this isn't about you. I looked through the thread, and there's a lot of "cutting up" (including me) that has more to do with us (regulars) poking each other than it does to the thread topic. I just looked at your posting info, and I see you're pretty "brand new".

The "quitting" thing is kind of a meme --- we've had people who threatened to quit, or they got all huffed up and quit in a wordstorm promising never to come back again, then they'd be back and up to the same ol' stuff.

Mocking that, I frequently threaten (jokingly) to quit. That's what the "quitting" has been all about.

It's all about me, bro.... I have no reason whatsoever to pick a fight with you.

Sorry for the confusion.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Admissions isn't really a serious area anyway. We encourage fun on the site in appropriate fora, and this forum is one of those areas, especially when we are trying to get to know newcomers, and you, us.

If you wish to not participate in the comeraderie that we have here, that is fine. If you want to discuss serious and important things, then please do head out into the non-spam areas of the site.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                Admissions isn't really a serious area anyway. We encourage fun on the site in appropriate fora, and this forum is one of those areas, especially when we are trying to get to know newcomers, and you, us.

If you wish to not participate in the comeraderie that we have here, that is fine. If you want to discuss serious and important things, then please do head out into the non-spam areas of the site.
                This is about me, isn't it?

I quit!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Stop it!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Hans, this isn't about you. I looked through the thread, and there's a lot of "cutting up" (including me) that has more to do with us (regulars) poking each other than it does to the thread topic. I just looked at your posting info, and I see you're pretty "brand new".

The "quitting" thing is kind of a meme --- we've had people who threatened to quit, or they got all huffed up and quit in a wordstorm promising never to come back again, then they'd be back and up to the same ol' stuff.

Mocking that, I frequently threaten (jokingly) to quit. That's what the "quitting" has been all about.

It's all about me, bro.... I have no reason whatsoever to pick a fight with you.

Sorry for the confusion.
                    No prob!

If I had had a bit more sleep or coffee (preferrably sleep), I might have caught up.

Did you look at the link?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      Let's put it like this : I can be a bit stiff.

This does not mean I boycott it.

Comment

No prob!

If I had had a bit more sleep or coffee (preferrably sleep), I might have caught up.

Did you look at the link?
                        No. To be perfectly honest, I don't "get" JPH.... I'm neither a fan nor an enemy, so your problems with him are none of my concern.

Comment

Actually, my problems with JPH was the reason I came here, but the link was NOT about them, it was adressed to "I am not a quitter".

Will you look now?

Comment

Actually, my problems with JPH was the reason I came here, but the link was NOT about them, it was adressed to "I am not a quitter".

Will you look now?
                            Not really interested, Hans -- I quit.

Comment

ha, ha ... others don't

I United+States=3317=
                              49+1163+155+23+7+382+72+1399+8+1+4+1+9+5+8+3+11+7+ 10

II Singapore=731=
                              20+20+20+19+23+21+24+29+20+26+22+22+22+20+24+19+22 +19+29+23+26+21+26+19+23+27+21+24+23+19+20+23+15

III France=522=
                              24+2+31+141+17+108+40+32+22+23+4+7+16+9+10+14+1+5+ 12+1+2+1

IV Ukraine=421=
                              17+10+19+3+259+4+48+4+2+6+6+3+30+3+1+1+4+1

V Germany=191=
                              27+2+58+28+14+16+3+2+1+12+4+1+2+15+1+1+3+1

VI Japan=160=
                              67+33+60

VII UK, Canada, Australia=106

Comment

ha, ha ... others don't

I United+States=3317=
                                49+1163+155+23+7+382+72+1399+8+1+4+1+9+5+8+3+11+7+ 10

II Singapore=731=
                                20+20+20+19+23+21+24+29+20+26+22+22+22+20+24+19+22 +19+29+23+26+21+26+19+23+27+21+24+23+19+20+23+15

III France=522=
                                24+2+31+141+17+108+40+32+22+23+4+7+16+9+10+14+1+5+ 12+1+2+1

IV Ukraine=421=
                                17+10+19+3+259+4+48+4+2+6+6+3+30+3+1+1+4+1

V Germany=191=
                                27+2+58+28+14+16+3+2+1+12+4+1+2+15+1+1+3+1

VI Japan=160=
                                67+33+60

VII UK, Canada, Australia=106
                                um yeah. right.

giphy.gif

(slowly backs away)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X