Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

JPHolding considers me a nut - that is why I am here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's get back to nuts and quitting.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Pistachios and almonds -- they're the most difficult for me to quit.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I quit almonds because they make me sick.

So I nibble on Brazil nuts instead.

I also haven't quit quilting.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Let's get back to nuts and quitting.
          You quit this nuthouse at least one a month.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            You quit this nuthouse at least one a month.
            I feel like such a slacker.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              Those used to have a rather non-PC nickname (which my grandmother always used ).
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Those used to have a rather non-PC nickname (which my grandmother always used ).
                Yup, and I never knew it was a "bad word" when I was a kid.

Comment

Yup, and I never knew it was a "bad word" when I was a kid.
                  Yup.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    um yeah. right.

(slowly backs away)
                    See any problem with the figures?
                    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      I quit almonds because they make me sick.

I also haven't quit quilting.
                      Peanuts - if you count them as nuts, I have heard that biologically they are more like beans ...

Comment

Just to clarify the figures a bit (can't edit that previous one), I have 36 blogs visible on the blogger account, many of which are no longer updated, but of course still readable.

Of these 20 have been visited last week (note, a date different from previous stat) by readers from US. Two would nearly qualify as viral compared to others, I'll link to them as well as to one NOT visited by US last week, and to those even so visiting it.

After that are the stats for US last week, not added up, but blog by blog, four in a row:

United States 1222
                        http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/

Concerned with existence of God, Resurrection of Christ, Biblical History Apologetics excluding Genesis first eleven chapters, because ...

United States 1350
                        http://creavsevolu.blogspot.fr/

Genesis 1 - 11 is mainly here on this older blog, if message is in English. If in French or Latin on my main blog, if overlapping with other subject, perhaps on other thematic blog as well.

Singapore 20
                        United Arab Emirates 12
                        http://hglhaiku.blogspot.fr/

Haiku en français.

United States 338 57 6 1222
                        United States 157 25 58 1350
                        United States 7 1 5 1
                        United States 9 7 6 9
                        United States 3 6 6 9

Comment

Originally posted by hansgeorg View Post
                          See any problem with the figures?
                          Hans, I don't mean to be rude, but I honestly don't think anybody here cares.

Comment

It's an interesting symptom we so often see with the out-their posters who find their way to Theologyweb. They're absolutely obsessed with page views. Most not realizing that the vast majority of their page views come from bots and web crawlers and the like. I wonder what it is in their psyche that makes these sorts of people so similar. We've seen SO many of these people over the years that we can create a list of symptoms and just check it off. I also wonder if it's only on the internet that they act like this, or if in real life people take note of them for their idiosyncratic behavior, and kind of give them their space, or are just used to them or what.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                              It's an interesting symptom ...
                              You like being rude about psychology, right?

They're absolutely obsessed with page views. Most not realizing that the vast majority of their page views come from bots and web crawlers and the like.
                              If you watch your stats regularly, you see movement which certainly do NOT seem to match up with any idea of such simple mechanics.

I wonder what it is in their psyche that makes these sorts of people so similar.
                              I'd like to see someone else who has been "obsessed with page views" before I consider his psyche similar to mine, except in being a butt of your sarcasm.

We've seen SO many of these people over the years that we can create a list of symptoms and just check it off.
                              I think certain shrinks work that way too in real life. That is why psychiatry is a menace to human and civil freedom.

Comment

It seems Sarko did:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                um yeah. right.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19776[/ATTACH]

(slowly backs away)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X