Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.11.18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 2016.11.18

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing…
    The last leaf…

Shalom!

As warm summer winds gives way to the chill of fall winds the lives of leaves on the trees comes to an end. After falling to the ground they are all forgotten. All that is except for one last leaf who refuses to fall. As the chilled fall winds give way to the icy cold winds of winter the leaf still refuses to fall. Appearing to be dead it does not give way to the powers that seek to pull it from its tree. The journey of the last leaf goes into the future powered by hope and anticipation of things to come. As time moves on the tree to which the leaf clings begins receiving the life giving fluid it needs to awake from its slumber. Suddenly on the very spot where the last leaf clings a small sprout appears, a sign of new life and then in unequalled majesty and grandeur the last leaf lets go and slowly drifts to the earth, the old giving way to the new.

How does the last leaf cling precariously to its source of life throughout the fall and winter? I don’t really know, but then I’ve never thought to question why until the cold winds of winter chilled my hopes and dreams and I saw myself as a leaf hanging precariously to a tree. Then I discovered that the journey of the last leaf in a mysterious and insightful way is our journey. Like the leaves on a tree our lives are subject to forces beyond our control. As we enjoy the warm winds of summer life can suddenly turn cold and lifeless by the chilly winds of fall and slowly drain away our hope and dreams leaving us at the mercy of the icy winter winds. It is then we are faced with the journey of the last leaf, do we cling to the source of life powered by hope and by anticipation of the warm life changing winds of spring or do we let go and fall away never to return, never to enjoy the warm summer breezes again.

Nearly two thousand years ago the Leaf Creator hung precariously from another tree, a tree made by the hands of the created. The Leaf Creator died. Shrouded in mystery the Leaf Creator hung on the tree and like the last leaf died but he did not give up and deep inside as he was taken from the tree life giving Fluid from God began to fill him with new life. Then three days after the Leaf Creator touched the earth he emerged powerfully alive and now stands ready to reach into your world and hold you until the icy winds of winter give way the warm life changing spring and summer winds sent by God.

So the very next time the cold winds of winter begin to blow on your life and you begin thinking about giving up think of a lone leaf hanging on a barren tree and think about its journey then open the eyes of your heart and you will see, hidden from your physical eyes, a nail scarred hand reaching out to you. All you need do is take a few minutes of your time, bow your head and ask the Leaf Creator to fill your life with his life giving fluid and no wind however strong, however cold will cause you to fall until the time is just right. Then as you float to earth you will begin to experience a newness of life never felt before. Or we can journey like any of the other numerous leaves that succumb to the powers of nature.

“May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, Selah.”
    GRACE and PEACE,
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: Glory Seed Devotional Blog.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked ESV "Are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

**Psalm 67:1, ESV
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X