Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump settles for 25 million.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I didn't realize it was that low a percentage, OBP - got a cite for that?
    American justice has been priced out of the market by plea bargains.
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I think he's focused on getting the past behind him and looking to the future. I think that's a good thing.
      The stink of fraud and the scam of the Trump University does not go away so easily.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        The stink of fraud and the scam of the Trump University does not go away so easily.
        Nor does it for Shuny
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          Apparently, for you, neither does the sting of Clinton's disastrous campaign. It's time to move on, org!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            American justice has been priced out of the market by plea bargains.
            Again - BOTH sides have to agree to "settle" in order for there to be a "settlement".
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, he wants to clear the decks so he can get on with torturing ‘terrorists’ or playing golf. Maybe if he tied the terrorist by his ankles to the back of his buggy he could do both at the same time.
              One of the advantages of a Trump win is that we get to see you get even nuttier.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                I'm sorry Leonhard, this makes no sense to me. His lawyers got their lawyers to agree that there was no way they were going to get more than the $25 million.
                That doesn't make him a crook if he had money to pay more, if anything that means that the case was nowhere near worth the $750m (that you mention), and rather than a long drawn out fight where they may get some of their money or none of it, take the $25million and be done with it.

Typically settling means no admission of guilt from either party.

And to be honest at the end of the day, if it was a long drawn out courtcase, could end up being the cheaper option for Trump (in terms of legal fees).
                EGGzackly! And, it's not just money - it's tying up your lawyers and witnesses, your own testimony and attention, and keeping the focus on this thing when you're trying to "run the country".

Comment

One of the advantages of a Trump win is that we get to see you get even nuttier.
                  Nuttiness is relative. Supposing you could get hold of an iso-nuttiness map (here's one!) you would see at a glance your local nuttiness rating even though to you (or me for that matter) the people around you seem to be normal. The fact that you think I’m nuts indicates only that we are not on the same nutsy contour.

The lowest point on the map seems to be Williamstown KY 41097 – somewhere in Kentucky I think.

I have a bead on the situation stateside and will report diligently on your progress as various civil liberties are so craftily removed that your masters will actually make you applaud as you give them up.
                  “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                  “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                  “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Nuttiness is relative. Supposing you could get hold of an iso-nuttiness map (here's one!)
                    I think, in your nuttiness, you failed to include the link.

Comment

I have a bead on the situation stateside and will report diligently on your progress as various civil liberties are so craftily removed that your masters will actually make you applaud as you give them up.
                      You have provided an EXCELLENT example of how nutty you really are. Heck, you might even become an oak tree!

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                        I'm sorry Leonhard, this makes no sense to me. His lawyers got their lawyers to agree that there was no way they were going to get more than the $25 million.
                        That doesn't make him a crook if he had money to pay more, if anything that means that the case was nowhere near worth the $750m (that you mention), and rather than a long drawn out fight where they may get some of their money or none of it, take the $25million and be done with it.

Typically settling means no admission of guilt from either party.

And to be honest at the end of the day, if it was a long drawn out courtcase, could end up being the cheaper option for Trump (in terms of legal fees).
                        He's the next President of the US. Taking legal action against him is going to be incredibly tricky in the next 4 years and imho this played a role in both the fact that there was a settlement at all and its size. That there is no formal admission of guilt here is rather beside the point. Trump University is a huge scam. Our next President is the one who perpetrated it. That's nuts. And worse? Because of the partisan nature of it we're going to see people who swear up and down that they only voted for Trump to oppose Hillary defending his nonsense now that he's their guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                          Because of the partisan nature of it we're going to see people who swear up and down that they only voted for Trump to oppose Hillary defending his nonsense now that he's their guy.
                          I don't have to "swear up and down".... I simply state I voted for Trump to oppose Hillary, and I don't defend his past actions at all.

Comment

Because of the partisan nature of it we're going to see people bring it up again over and over as a convenient stick with which to keep beating the President.
                            Fixed that for you.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I don't have to "swear up and down".... I simply state I voted for Trump to oppose Hillary, and I don't defend his past actions at all.
                              Did I name you?

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Fixed that for you.
                              Lol, as if there is a need to re-use scandals when Trump is involved.
                              Last edited by Jaecp; 11-21-2016, 01:27 PM.

Comment

He's the next President of the US. Taking legal action against him is going to be incredibly tricky in the next 4 years and imho this played a role in both the fact that there was a settlement at all and its size. That there is no formal admission of guilt here is rather beside the point. Trump University is a huge scam. Our next President is the one who perpetrated it. That's nuts. And worse? Because of the partisan nature of it we're going to see people who swear up and down that they only voted for Trump to oppose Hillary defending his nonsense now that he's their guy.
                                No I didn't vote Trump (not being an American, I didn't vote) and I've been fairly critical of him (but I think he was a better option than Clinton, but than I think pretty much only Kim Jong Un, and Robert Mugabe don't clear that extremely low bar. I think Jacob Zuma would be a better option than Clinton, and I think he should have gone to jail years ago.).
                                Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                                1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                                -Ben Witherington III

Comment