Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary and The Donald BOTH lost - "Didn't Vote" won!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please bow to me, your new President. I just had my name legally changed to "Did Not Vote"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      please bow to me, your new President. I just had my name legally changed to "Did Not Vote"

Congratulations, Present-Elect Did Not Vote. I will be honored to say I that even before this last election started, knew you did not vote.
      I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
        Pity. I really was at a loss for what was so stupid and was interested in your thoughts.
        Got a penny?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Got a penny?
          I have a haypenny, but if a haypenny won't do, then God bless you.
          I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            Um, what?
            90% of 55.7% is 50.13%. Not that thus an important or well expressed point.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
              I have a haypenny, but if a haypenny won't do, then God bless you.
              God Bless you, as well. And a Merry Merry Christmas.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Um, what?
                It was saying that D.C. was the only area where a candidate actually won the majority of eligible voters, even counting those who didn't vote.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                  90% of 55.7% is 50.13%. Not that thus an important or well expressed point.

Er, how the heck do voters not vote? It says "majority of all eligible voters (whether they voted or not) voted for ". So are they measuring eligible voters or those who voted?

Never mind, I get it - but this offshoring editing isn't working well..
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                    It was saying that D.C. was the only area where a candidate actually won the majority of eligible voters, even counting those who didn't vote.
                    And there goes understanding the thing. You can't win a majority of those who don't vote!!!!
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Only if the non-voters consider that ending up with a President Trump is a win.
                      This does not follow from the post to which he is responding, and so is dumb.
                      The majority of non-voters were apparently democrats who lost by very slim margins in key states such as Fl., Pa., and MI so I'm guessing that they are now ruing their decision to stay home.
                      This is an unsupported assertion that the majority of non-voters were registered Democrats, and so is also dumb.
                      Elections have consequences, so overconfident, complacent democrats have no one but themselves to blame for allowing this catastrophe to occur. Let the chaos begin!
                      This is correct in that elections have consequences, but is only a 'catastrophe' in the eyes of those who desperately wanted the Democratic candidate to win. Calling it a 'catastrophe' is dumb, since a significant majority of eligible voters patently disagree.

Happy, Ana?
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
                        ... I'd actually be unsurprised if Did Not Vote won every single election in the last century or so.
                        Surely they are no longer eligible because of the two term limitation?
                        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

And there goes understanding the thing. You can't win a majority of those who don't vote!!!!
                          Like I said, it was not well expressed. She won a majority of eligible voters, even though many eligible voters did not vote. You have to pay close attention to the author's use of parentheses.
                          βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                          ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment