Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Judge has advice for new citizens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge has advice for new citizens

...and good advice for hollywood and the other liberal whiners...

A bunch of people promised to do exactly that if Trump won. Still waiting for them to make good on their promise.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      A bunch of people promised to do exactly that if Trump won. Still waiting for them to make good on their promise.
      Most were certain that Hillary would win so they felt free to make empty threats (or promises).

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Most were certain that Hillary would win so they felt free to make empty threats (or promises).
        But they helped incentivize votes for Trump via their offers of further benefits to the country.

Comment

U.S. Magistrate Judge John Primomo, the Texas judge who told newly sworn-in U.S. citizens that Donald Trump is "your president, and if you don’t like that, you need to go to another country," was suspended yesterday from overseeing further citizenship ceremonies. He had been overseeing citizenship ceremonies since 1989.

Source: Federal judge to new U.S. citizens: Accept president or ‘go to another country’

Judge John Primomo has reportedly been suspended from overseeing future citizenship ceremonies

A federal judge has reportedly been suspended from overseeing citizenship ceremonies after he told newly sworn-in U.S. citizens that they needed to accept Donald Trump as their president or “go to another country.”

U.S. Magistrate Judge John Primomo was presiding over a citizenship ceremony at the Institute of Texan Cultures in San Antonio on Thursday night when he spoke about the president-elect.

“I can assure you that whether you voted for him or you did not vote for him, if you are a citizen of the United States, he is your president,” he told the new citizens. “And he will be your president and if you do not like that, you need to go to another country.”

He went on to criticize protestors who carry signs that say, “He’s not my president,” and slammed NFL players who kneel during the national anthem, according to KENS 5, a local CBS News affiliate.

Judge Primomo later told KENS 5 that he meant his words to be unifying and respectful of the office of the president, not a pro-Trump statement. He said he didn’t even vote for Mr. Trump.

“I would never say anything like that. I wasn’t trying to say anything for or against Donald Trump,” Judge Primomo told the San Antonio Express-News. “I was just trying to say something hopeful and unifying and unfortunately it was taken out of context.”

Still, the U.S. district judges at San Antonio’s federal courthouse — who appoint and oversee federal magistrate judges — issued a statement Monday saying Judge Primomo will be suspended from handling citizenship ceremonies, “and the judges are meeting with him to see how this matter can be resolved and concluded,” Express-News reported.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by rogue06; 11-22-2016, 03:18 PM.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

sigh. This PC crap needs to stop.

Comment